Sr. Software Engineer - Android Engineer (New York City, NY)
We are looking for a team player, someone that is a good cultural fit for a bunch of bright, fun, passionate, and professional people. You'll be working with industry leading professionals who share their experiences and learn from each other.
As a Sr. Android Engineer at Disney Streaming, you'll be building solid, scalable and maintainable mobile applications. Our team is responsible for the video player behind Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu, and NHL. We work to build a state of the art video player capable of handling cutting edge video technology while maintaining compatibility across a wide range of devices.
Most of our project is Kotlin based with a strong focus on testable code. You should have a strong understanding of the Android application lifecycle, knowledge of Rx, dependency injection and data binding will also be extremely useful. Thinking about application architecture should be second nature and MVC/MVP/MVVM/MVI should be no strangers to you. Of course you'll also write unit tests to make sure your code is, and remains stable.
Our company is robust and established, but our team is flexible, dynamic and forward thinking. Our Android team is split over three offices, NY, Amsterdam, and San Francisco. We work together and share knowledge across the global teams, but you will mostly work with your local colleagues in the New York office.
Basic Qualifications :
- 5+ years of software engineering experience with Java or Kotlin
- 3+ years of experience with the Android SDK
- Experience working with at minimum two of the three:
- Reactive Programming (RxJava)
- Dependency Injection (Dagger or similar)
- Automated testing (JUnit, Espresso)
- Well versed in architecture patterns like MVC, MVP, MVVM and MVI
- Experience with Video playback, ExoPlayer or MediaCodec
- Experience with Android TV and/or Fire TV
- Understanding of HLS or Dash
Additional Information :
- New York or Remote if open to working East Coast hours