Sr. Software Engineer 2- Finance at Nordstrom
Software Engineers at Nordstrom apply their skills and talents to build scalable and sustainable solutions, utilizing best engineering practices and the latest Cloud technologies in an agile, team-oriented and collaborative environment.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer 2 to join our Finance Technology Delivery team as we intensify the pace of innovation and support future growth through technology solutions. You will be responsible for building mission-critical Integrations between source data with financial SaaS and Nordstrom applications. We have 3 key initiatives that will involve greenfields development and engagement with our Data Science team.
A day in the life...
- Leads multidimensional projects that involve multiple teams
- Leads and works with multiple Software Engineers on design, best practices and code reviews
- Leads a team in keeping systems and code well-designed and well-documented
- Resolves complex engineering problems, collaborating with others
- Facilitates cross functional troubleshooting, root cause analysis and engages others when needed
- Responsible for creating, evaluating, and contributing to feature detailed designs from an organization level
- Design, develop, and implement software utilizing an agile project cycle that could incorporate a full team's worth of engineers
- Helps define business metrics for the team
- Owns team-level metrics and events
- Take responsibility for team-level costs
- Directs team's best practices for incident resolution
- Take ownership and participate in incident resolution, root cause analysis, engagement with vendors and cross functional troubleshooting
- Mentor others across teams and raises the bar for technical knowledge across a wide spectrum
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of information technology concepts issues, trends and best practices as they relate to Cloud technologies and system integrations
- Apply and share knowledge of security coding practices and secure system fundamentals in design considerations
You own this if you have...
- 6+ years of professional software engineering experience (Java/Springboot/AWS)
- Strong understanding of design patterns and architecture
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Kubernetes and/or Docker
- Experience with RESTful architecture and micro-services
- Experience in developing near real-time data processing solutions utilizing Kafka
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methodologies and tooling
- Experience leading/mentoring junior developers
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders to understand business goals and how to use technology to drive results
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Python is a plus
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in CS, Engineering or equivalent practical experience
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.