Sr. Software Development Manager at LivePerson
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
In this role you will:
- Lead an Engineering team for LivePerson's Conversation Exchange Services organization. Your responsibility will be to plan, design, and deliver complex, broad-scale distributed systems that span several departments or functions.
- Develop and report performance metrics for your teams and coach them for success.
- Set goals for your direct reports which are aligned with the company goals.
- Support other team members and work together to achieve the best outcomes.
- Be responsible for the growth of the teams. That involves a strong involvement in the hiring process. You will collect the requirements from the team leads, request budget for new headcount, work together with our HR team, and finally play an active part in each interview.
- Always think long term and never sacrifice a long term goal for a short term success.
- Be responsible and accountable for the product vision and product roadmap. You will work together with the local product manager, corresponding team lead and senior management to craft the product vision, mission, tenets, and roadmap for each team.
- Keep an eye on industry standards and best practices. Never stop learning. Always challenge the status quo.
- Work collaboratively with teams all over the globe.
- Master/Bachelors in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years experience in software development
- 5+ years experience building and leading software development teams
- Experience with Java and/or Node.JS systems
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform is a plus
- Experience evaluating architectures that scale with volume and are fault-tolerant
- Experience with the best practices of developing APIs in a microservices architecture
- Track record of building and operating high scale, fault-tolerant, tier-1 software systems.
- Strong attention to detail, planning and organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to adapt communication style to technical, non-technical, and executive audiences
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.