Sr. Software Developer - Media at Spectrum
Designs, develops, modifies, enhances and implements software systems designed to support new or existing business initiatives. Projects are usually of considerable complexity and require a mastery of development tools. Works in most phases of a project and reviews work of less experienced staff members. Performs maintenance and provides technical assistance and advice on existing software solutions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Codes and performs unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements.
- Codes, tests, and debugs new software or makes enhancements to existing software.
- Designs and writes programs according to functional and non-functional requirements.
- Leads code review sessions to validate adherence with development standards.
- Reviews and provides input into development standards.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation.
- Serves as final escalation point to resolve incidents and problems for production applications and web services supported by the team in accordance with identified Service Level Agreements.
- Collaborates with internal customers, technical and architecture teams to solve complex software problems.
- Provides general system users and management with system analysis and feedback.
- Influences system design by identifying and recommending design and requirements needs for software enhancements.
- Mentors and coaches less experienced staff.
- Maximizes the efficiency of the various software systems by implementing, monitoring, testing and auditing new software programs.
- Participates in continuous performance improvement sessions to discuss opportunities to improve processes or standards.
- Analyzes and resolves computer related problems by coordinating with in-house personnel to diagnose and fix operational issues, as well as consulting, advising and training on specialized features and functions.
- Follows established configuration/change control processes.
- Knowledge of Voice, Data, Video, Wireless technologies
- Understanding of software design patterns and principles
- Ability to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, uncertainty, and incomplete information when evaluating alternatives and making recommendations
- Ability to work seamlessly within a team as well as manage individual tasks
- Creative and abstract thinking skills to envision and design innovative solutions to business opportunities and challenges
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
- Ability to listen and evaluate all opinions without bias, and contribute to a common culture of excellence
- Extensive technical knowledge of Information Technology field and computer systems
- Effective communication skills (written, interpersonal, presentation), with the ability to effectively interact and negotiate with business stakeholders
- Effective ability to pick up complex concepts and processes quickly
- Proven leadership abilities including ability to share knowledge, resolve conflict and create consensus
- Demonstrated ability to take the lead on the most complex projects
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience
Required related Work Experience:
- Experience with major DBMS - 6+
- Experience with coding, testing and design - 6+
- Experience with software development methodologies - 6+