Sr. Security Engineer at F&G (Remote)
The Sr. Security Engineer will analyze and make recommendations to improve network, system and application architectures. This role will assist in the review and update of cyber security policies, architectures and standards and assist in responding to audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments. This senior level role will help determine how security controls should be designed and integrated and define and design security controls to meet regulatory and contractual obligations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research, design, and implement cyber security solutions for organization systems and products that comply with all applicable regulations, security policies and standards
- Work with IT and internal and external business partners to ensure that security is factored in the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration process of hardware and software
- Analyze and make recommendations to improve network, system and application architectures
- Assist in the review and update of cyber security policies, architectures and standards
- Respond to audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments
- Conduct Information Security risk assessments including development of risk mitigation strategies to resolve vulnerabilities and recommend security changes to system or system components as needed
- Define and document how the implementation of a new system or new interfaces between systems impacts the security posture of the current environment
- Prepare materials (reports, presentations, spreadsheets, etc.) on Information Security to help develop scenarios, response procedures, and to enable informed decision-making
- Evaluate products, services and/or procedures
- Analyze underlying trends and action plans associated with Information Security and other domains
- Determine how security controls should be designed and integrated
- Define and design security controls to meet regulatory and contractual obligations
Experience & Education Requirements
- Associate’s Degree in Information Security or equivalent experience
- 4-7 years of experience in Information Security
- Experience with information technology (IT) security principles and methods (e.g., firewalls, DMZs, encryption)
- Experience conducting assessments of the application’s security design for the appropriate security controls
- Experience applying cybersecurity and privacy principles
- Experience in Information Security, compliance, assurance, and/or other security standard methodologies and principles
- Experience with security data analysis, including UEBA, using analytic such as Excel, SQL, SOAR, SIEM tools, and other query languages
- Bachelor's Degree
- CISSP, ITIL, and/or GIAC certification
Skills & Abilities
- Strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one
- Dedicated work ethic
- Strong work prioritization and planning skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, written and verbal
F&G believes in an employee-centric flexible environment, which is why we offer the ability for in-office, hybrid and remote work arrangements. During the hiring process, you'll work with your leader to decide what works best for your role.
Join our employee-centric hybrid work environment: fglife.com/about/culture.html
Since 1959, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company (F&G) has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life’s unexpected events.
As an Iowa Top Workplace1 and a proud equal opportunity employer, F&G employees are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. We believe that by embracing these values, we will continue to build and strengthen the company, while continuing to be a great place to work.
1Des Moines Register Top Workplaces 2018-2021.