Sr. SDET- Remote at LivePerson
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
In this role, you will:
The successful candidate has an opportunity to join a highly outstanding team within a fast-paced and successful organization.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. QA engineer responsibilities include understanding system requirements, designing and implementing tests and in some cases debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Create System, Resiliency and Performance verification test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
What Do You Need for Success?
- 7+ Years of experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience testing SPA and REST based API’s in microservices based software
- Experience in UI automation (Selenium or Protractor) and API automation (Rest Assured or Postman)
Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience in writing automation framework from scratch.
- Experience is QA automation tools, frameworks and libraries
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools and libraries
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance, resiliency and/or security testing is a must
- Experience testing high scalable distributed systems is a must
Experience working with Chaos Monkey, JMeter is a plus
- Experience in mobile automation is a plus.
- Knowledge of programming in Python, Go, Groovy, Proven is a plus.
- Knowledge of CI/CD and experience working with Jenkins or similar tools.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.