Sr. Salesforce DevOps Engineer at Pluralsight (Remote)
Pluralsight is the technology workforce development company that helps teams build better products by knowing more and working better together. Using our Skills and Flow products, teams can develop critical skills, improve processes and gain insights through data.
We build this exciting product ecosystem by working with smart people and uniting behind a passion for what tech can create. We're a group of good-natured, nimble go-getters dedicated to helping people and businesses build better with technology. That means when we see opportunities to create, we go for it. We don't let the unknown stop us from solving challenges and winning together. And most importantly, we treat each other like adults. If you can see possibilities where others see problems, have candid conversations to ensure all voices are heard and thrive in a collaborative environment, you'll do some of the best work of your career here.
Are you a Salesforce enthusiast always looking for ways to automate everything around you? Excellent! Our Salesforce Platform team is looking for a Sr. Salesforce DevOps Engineer to help lead the charge in the next generation of Salesforce engineering excellence, implementing and supporting our DevSecOps practice for Salesforce within our Business Technology Team. As an embedded member of a globally distributed development team, you will be the domain specialist on how and when to use tooling, as well as an influential partner in delivering incredible end user experiences. You will keep Pluralsight's finger on the pulse of the Salesforce DevSecOps community by continually researching, testing, and developing solutions to better enable our teams through automation and self-service. Your work here will help set the bar for DevSecOps across the Salesforce ecosystem.
Who you're committed to being:
- An enthusiast of automation and unwavering advocate of platform security throughout the entire Salesforce development lifecycle.
- An effective influencer. Always encouraging those around you to elevate their technical abilities.
- Committed to continuous improvement. You choose growth over comfort and help your teammates to challenge themselves.
- An analytical, methodical and quality driven professional that enjoys being in the middle of the development lifecycle.
- A courageous and compassionate contributor. You are not afraid to be yourself, to try new things, ask hard questions, and compassionately collaborate on resolving challenges.
- Create with possibility! Be proactive, adaptive and continuously maintain a learner's mentality, keeping your technical skills sharp while exhibiting responsibility and caution.
What you'll own:
- Championing ways to continuously improve the health, reliability, performance, security and redundancy of our Salesforce environments by forecasting and assessing potential risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Partnering with Application Security and PS DevOps to co-create security practices beyond Profiles, Permissions Sets and Sharing rules that consider data, settings and source code security early in the development process and through quality gates in our release pipeline.
- Evaluation of culture, tools and processes to empower flexible self-sufficient, multi-functional teams though Developer self-service, while supporting continuity across all environments.
- Collaborate with your peers to research and address technical needs, to roadmap and develop new solutions, continually improving the standards for Salesforce Operational Excellence.
- Contribute to the overall succes of the Platform Ops Team. Improve the customer experience by problem solving using declarative and programmatic solutions.
Experience you'll need:
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of progressive experience developing and administering Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud or CPQ in an Agile environment.
- Minimum 2 Years mentoring Salesforce Developers and Administrators, promoting DevOps for SFDC on an enterprise CRM delivery team.
- Experience implementing Salesforce DevOps tooling for release management, static code analysis (SAST), automated testing, monitoring, security and recovery.
- Certifications: Salesforce Administrator, Salesforce Platform Developer I, Salesforce Development and Deployment Designer Certification desireable.
- Experience working on internationally dispersed, remote teams.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.