Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
What you'll do
• Build and enhance a highly configurable system that is used by thousands of companies and millions of shoppers
• Work with a highly collaborative team, where you will solve challenging problems
• Review each other’s code and pair-program to spread knowledge and produce higher-quality code
• Drive quality by writing unit, integration, and performance tests in a continuous delivery environment
• Make decisions based on data and be pragmatic
• Work closely with Product and Leadership
• Help define and prioritize features
• Produce documentation that helps the team understand complex parts of the system
• Go beyond engineering by working closely with our support representatives where we help triage and debug technical support requests
What we look for
• 4+ years industry experience in Ruby/Rails
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; attention to detail
• Knowledge of web service technologies and REST best-practices
• Understanding of scalability challenges and performance of server-side code
• Ability to design and develop horizontally-scalable, resilient and efficient systems
• Deep understanding and experience with relational databases and SQL
• Courage and discipline to dig-in and refactor other people’s code and explore new technology and solutions
• Proven track record of shipping software in a delivery-focused environment
• Desire to improve broken processes and make your own job easier over time
• Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate and influence effectively across various departments
• Excellent written and spoken communication is required to collaborate with a global team
• Data-driven mentality
Location- Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.