Sr. React Developer (remote) at Match Group (Dallas, TX)
| Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:06 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, June 15, 2022
As a Sr. or Lead Software Engineer:
You’ll develop our flagship dating site, match.com, with ReactJS (GraphQL, Hooks, TypeScript, and more).
With millions of users and an ever evolving product, we're continuously collaborating as a team to improve our codebase, and web architecture, to give our users a great experience and help take our React skills to the next level.
Match boasts more dates, more relationships and more marriages than any other dating business. Simply put, we change lives.
We’re based in Dallas, TX. However, we are open to a remote office for a qualified candidate who can travel periodically to Dallas.
Some things you'll do:
- Identify areas of improvement and advocate for front-end best practices that improve our product and web architecture
- Build custom components for a premium social app with the latest technologies and frameworks
- Design, build and polish intuitive and engaging experiences using React
- Mentor juniors, facilitate sharing and learning new techniques and tools
- Participate in paired programming and software code reviews
- Collaborate with engineers, designers and product managers
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and general reliability
- Make disciplined use of source control and bug tracking systems
- We’re using Typescript, React.js, Webpack, Apollo Graphql, Node.js, ESLint, Prettier, Styled Components, React Testing Library, Jest, In-house component library and design system
We'd like you to have:
- 2+ yrs React, 5+ yrs total development experience
- Experience with GraphQL patterns, plus if familiar with Apollo
- Experience with public and/or private APIs and consumer facing UI development
- A passion for technology and a desire to help others grow their skillset
- A (healthy) addiction to writing high quality code
What’s the team like?
- You’ll join a growing dev team, full of bright and collaborative individuals
- We like to attend React developer events and participate in hackathons
- We adhere to an agile methodology
- Our product is continuously evolving so every day you will have a chance to be challenged in new and interesting ways!
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave for up to 20 weeks
Happy Hours and Company events
At Match Group, we represent a collection of unique brands - but we all focus together on the health and safety of all of our employees. That's why we require that employees are fully-vaccinated when in person at any US office or company-sponsored fun. If you need to talk through this in-person vaccine requirement, our People team can work with you through our accommodations review process.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.
More Information on Match Group
Match Group operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Dallas, TX. Match Group was founded in 1995. It has 2103 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 119 open jobs at Match Group, click here.
Read Full Job Description