At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.
The Civil Space Programs Operations Division provides unmatched experience to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administrations (NOAA) and other US government agencies. This position will collaborate with the NOAA customer, partner organizations, and Aerospace technical experts in formulating overall strategy, defining requirements, and evaluating capabilities, in developing and broadening Aerospace's reach into the Ground Services Systems Engineering arena.
This is full time position is remote. Once COVID-19 subsides, you may be required to be onsite in Silver Spring, MD a minimum of 1-2 per week.
What You'll Be Doing
- Directly support senior NOAA managementon acquisition strategy. Advise on strategic technology directions to improve the system capabilities, product quality and reduce operational costs
- Employ excellent client-facing and consulting skills to create innovative business solutions to support design, integration & test of cloud-based solutions
- Coordinate cloud migration activities to reduce operational costs and to mitigate the risk of system obsolescence
- Participate in NOAA segment studies to propose cost effective solutions for future architectures
- Provide expertise in ground station engineering to support full-life cycle system engineering to activities (requirements flow-downs and traceability to systems requirements, verification validation of ground requirements).
- Provide program management best practices and lessons learned from NOAA to appropriate groups within Aerospace
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, physical science, or equivalent technical discipline
- Twelve (12) years or more of progressively professional applicable direct space and/or ground system scientific and/or scientific engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide systems-based engineering and technical leadership in the areas of space and ground systems
- Proven expertise for engineering studies and evaluations of proposed and existing hardware and software architectures
- Demonstrated knowledge hardware and/or software system systems integration technologies, development methodologies (spiral, prototyping, agile, object-oriented, modeling, etc.); and evaluating the overall impact of technical approaches on a system
- Proven ability and motivation to work effectively and collaboratively with Government, Aerospace and Contractor personnel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - organize complex materials and concepts in clear and logical manner
- This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- An advanced degree (MS or PhD) in engineering, science, or related discipline from an accredited university.
- Experience working in a commercial, DoD, NASA, NOAA space systems
- 5 or more years of providing technical leadership to an engineering team or program management team
- Expertise/knowledge in the entire software lifecycle from concept of operations to end of life for satellite or ground based systems including architecture, program management, risk assessment, and process improvement
Grade-Based Pay Range
(Min - Mid - Max)
$117,027 - $192,281 - $267,534
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email [email protected] You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.