Sr Product Security Engineer at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA)
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
About Digital Technology
We're not yesterday's IT department, we're Digital Technology. The world around us keeps changing and so do we. We're redefining what it means to be IT with a mindset centered on transformation, experience, AI-driven automation, innovation, and growth. We're all about delivering delightful, secure customer and employee experiences that accelerate ServiceNow's journey to become the defining enterprise software company of the 21st century. And we love co-creating, using, and highlighting our own products to do it.
Ultimately, we strive to make the world work better for our employees and customers-when you work in ServiceNow Digital Technology, you work for them.
What you get to do in this role
• Perform and support security assessments against most modern product features.
• Support code reviews across a mixed language codebase.
• Manage security integration into the SDLC at ServiceNow.
• Partner with developer team and architects to design, implement and improve application security solutions.
• Share experience with authentication and authorization models, modern mobile security methodologies, applied cryptography, and secure-by-design development practices.
• Advocate security awareness and teach secure behavior and methods.
• Implement best-practice security procedures, standards, and guidelines in the application space.
• Work on strategic and highly visible BSIMM activities across the organization.
• Assist in compliance activities such as external audits from customers, regulatory compliance projects, and overall information security reviews.
• Develop tools that make it easier to ship secure code and harder to ship insecure code.
To be successful in this role you have:
• 5+ years of application/product security experience.
• Bachelor's OR Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Information Security or equivalent work experience.
• Ability and passion to coach and mentor junior members of the team.
• Demonstrated experience and expertise with -
• Secure code reviews.
• Identifying and resolving OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities.
• Threat modeling in an Agile environment.
• Security Verification Standards.
• Cryptography implementations.
• Authentication and authorization schemes.
• Strong understanding of web and mobile application security assessment techniques, threat modeling, general software development practices.
• Ability to perform technical risk assessments, evaluate Static Application Security Testing (SAST) tool results, triage security testing results, and manage security response actions.
• Self-starter, able to work with a mix of technical and non-technical clients.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.