Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our open API provides unprecedented flexibility and control for industry-leading companies such as Uber, Coinbase, J.P.Morgan, and Block, to manage payment operations in real-time.
Our team is a mix of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. Marqeta was named a 2022 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, highlighting our company culture and collaborative work environment. We are building a global team as diverse as the markets we serve and we’d love it if you joined us on our mission to change the way money moves.
We’re a remote-first company. You have the choice to work from wherever you’re happiest and most productive, whether that’s from home, a co-working space, or one of our four global offices, depending on your location. It’s uncommon for candidates to match all job requirements, but if you’re not far off, we want to hear from you.
Marqeta is the originator and market leader of Modern Card Issuing. A key part of what differentiates Modern Card Issuing from Legacy Issuing is our best in class customer / developer experience. Our offerings include a suite of apps to manage payment infrastructure, a robust Platform which offers a comprehensive set of APIs aimed at developers and a full-featured Developer Portal.
As a Sr. Principal Engineer, you will be the key technical leader for our entire customer / developer experience suite of product offerings. You will be a key thought partner with our product and engineer teams to bring innovative solutions to market. You will help drive engineering and operational excellence throughout our engineering organization.What You’ll Do
- Create technical roadmaps, author designs and build key portions of the systems that enable delivery of high quality, highly scalable, highly secure and operationally efficient products to our customers.
- Partner with product teams to contribute to the development of innovative product experiences by incorporating insights from technical engagements and working closely with key customers and partners.
- Drive organization wide technical changes through authoring designs, mentoring and guiding technical leads, influencing stakeholders and establishing success metrics.
- Raise the skill sets of those around you and make Marqeta better through your presence. Mentor other engineers on the team, drawing on your experience to provide thoughtful direction.
- Apply and evangelize modern best practices in your software designs and implementations.
- 15+ years of hands-on engineering experience.
- Demonstrated passion for software engineering excellence including design principles, fault tolerance practices, scalability, cost, security & privacy considerations and test driven development.
- Excellent collaboration, communication and leadership skills. Can effectively lead a project and work cross-functionally with other organizations.
- Experience partnering with product teams to ideate and bring innovative solutions to market.
- Experience developing and scaling microservices using modern cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience developing solutions in the customer / developer experience space
- Experience working in Payments in either issuing or acquirer domain.
- Hands-on experience with AWS
- Experience with transactional RDBMS such as MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL Server, or Oracle
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible time off – take what you need
- Retirement savings program with company contribution
- Employee insurance premiums paid 100% + coverage for dependents and pets
- Family forming benefits including fertility support and up to 20 weeks Parental Leave
- Free therapy sessions, financial coaching, and a Wellness stipend
- Monthly stipend to support our hybrid work model
- Equity in a publicly-traded company
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
Learn more about Marqeta on our Website, Twitter and LinkedIn.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant on any legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that you directly provide to us or that we collect during the application and candidate recruitment process.#LI-Remote