Sr. Platform Software Engineer (Remote Position) at Fictiv
Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
If experimentation is your first name and curiosity is in your DNA, this role will pique your interest. Step into a key and vital opportunity that will have you helping to build an internal platform from the ground up. Your solid skills in fostering relationships across an organization, along with your zeal for experimentation, will allow you to put your footprint into our engineering processes as we convert ambiguity into clarity.
Serving on the Platform Engineering team, you’ll aid in making all other teams better. As a pioneer on this team, your ability to create processes and design an efficient internal platform will impact the entire company as we continue to scale. You will play an essential role in delivering both breakthrough and incremental improvements to the developer experience.
What’s in it for you?
Grow Your Career
You’ll be aligning with a new and expanding team as an early engineer. Bring your best practices and the ideas you’ve always wanted to try. You will have a have a significant opportunity to expand your role as the team and business grows.
Platform Engineering is involved in core aspects of our technology, such as scaling our systems and processes as we grow. Help build the platform that enables our engineers to build and innovate safely at higher velocity.
Change an industry
We have a big vision for what manufacturing should be, and we are determined to make that vision real. You’ll be working with smart, mission driven teammates to create significant change in this industry.
You will join a forward-thinking people culture that makes every effort to live out its values daily: Creator Spirit, Service Mentality, Grit, Constantly Seeking to Learn, and Compassion for Others.
What You'll Be Doing
- Accelerating software development by providing guidelines, automating processes, and building core services for other teams to adopt
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining customer-facing services that are shared across teams
- Developing, extending, and maintaining our continuous integration, test, and delivery pipeline (CI/CD)
- Evaluate and select best-in-class third-party software to support software development
- Training and mentoring other engineers on best practices for software development
- Providing useful process documentation for our software engineering teams
What will you bring to the team?
- Proficiency designing, developing, and deploying performant web services in production on AWS.
- Expertise with scaling systems and applying core infrastructure, including distributed caches, SQL / No-SQL databases, message queues, iPaaS, and event buses
- Solid knowledge of best practices for designing robust, and performant REST API’s.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment and bringing a positive attitude, coupled with the desire to draw from and share knowledge with the team.
Acute Business Understanding
- Rather than pursuing technology for its own sake, you figure out how businesses work and can apply technology to meet business needs.
- Hands-on digging deeply into the nuts and bolts of how everything works and can solve problems at their root.
Perks and benefits
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K plan
- Monthly Virtual Work stipend for things like food, internet, travel, pet care, health and wellness
- Annual Education stipend
- Parental leave programs
- Paid volunteer days
- Onboarding setup, including: standing desk, laptop, monitor, and chair, and a stipend for additional items such as headphones, blue light glasses, or any other ergonomic supplies you may want or need
- And much, much more!
Interested in joining our team? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.