Sr. Platform Engineer at Adobe
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
The Platform Infrastructure Team in Adobe’s IT is in charge of a number large-scale platforms across multiple geographies to support critical business requirements. We are deploying, automating, maintaining, and improving OpenStack-based private cloud, VMware hypervisors, as well as Public cloud and container infrastructures. The role requires you to have hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach toward environment automation and continuous improvement. The role will encompass the use of a broad range of technologies with an emphasis on the implementation of standard methodology principles. Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential.
What You Will Do
- Design, support & maintain mission-critical infrastructure platforms.
- Become a subject-matter-expert for specific technologies, business solutions, and workflow functions.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Support evaluation, lab testing, and production deployment of network hardware, software, and management tools.
- Define standard methodologies and support creation of technical and process documentation.
What You Need to Succeed
- 10+ years experience with proven track record of designing, implementing, and supporting heterogeneous infrastructure systems based on LAMP stack
- Previous experience with VMware vSphere, OpenStack or Ceph
- Detailed knowledge of one of the public clouds: AWS or Azure.
- In-depth understanding of network protocols, storage, Intranet/Internet technologies and system management frameworks.
- Hand-on experience automating and simplifying large scale infrastructure with Salt, Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Good scripting skills (Python, PowerShell, Perl, Ruby etc.).
- Past experience with CI/CD pipelines, code repositories and DevOps standard methodologies is a huge plus.
- Hands on experience in VDI infrastructure utilizing Citrix XenDesktop and NetScaler is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and execute tasks in a multifaceted and fast paced environment.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
The Person Should:
- Have desire to influence and mentor across business and executive leadership to explain the benefits and ‘sell’ the solutions
- Be neutral toward technology, vendor and product choices; more interested in results than in personal preferences
- Have strong ability to work collaboratively across the organization as well as think creatively to resolve multidimensional tasks and problems