Octane is a Fintech company whose mission is to connect people with their passions. The transaction process for large purchases such as powersports, RVs, boats, and home improvements is slow and frustrating, but Octane is changing that through automated underwriting, innovative credit products, and financing through our in-house lender Roadrunner Financial. Octane reaches millions of enthusiasts through editorial brands like Cycle World and Cycle Volta and helps consumers buy their favorite products with instant, frictionless financing on Octane.co. Octane is revolutionizing lending in under-served verticals that account for tens of billions of dollars in annual transactions.
Octane is gaining traction quickly with customers, as evidenced by growth in originations through our platform of more than $1B since inception. Octane works with more than 3,500 merchants in the USA and offers promotional financing with low rates for more than 40 OEM brands. Because we’re the platform and the lender, we have both high growth and positive unit economics - rare for a fintech. We have raised more than $192M in capital from leading investors, including Valar Ventures, IA Ventures, Contour Venture Partners, Third Prime, Progressive Insurance and Citi Ventures and our lending securities are rated AA by Standard & Poor’s.
We are looking for a motivated engineer with a passion for building tools and framework that support large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant microservices and drive engineering innovation. Embedded in an Agile environment, you will work cross-functionally with product managers, designers, and engineers company-wide to ensure that Octane’s services, both internally critical and externally visible. You will have the opportunity to use your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis, and large-scale system design to solve the many challenges of microservices architecture.
- Design and architect high-quality microservices that are maintainable and scalable
- Plan, design, develop, and support the migration of the current system to a microservices architecture
- Recommend a set of microservices best practices and evangelize it to the rest of the engineering organization
- Design, build and maintain tools that enable platform engineers to monitor the overall health of the service mesh including traffic monitoring, fault detection, call tracking etc.
- Mentoring and coaching junior engineers
- 3+ years of experience designing, implementing, and maintaining highly available, fault-tolerant systems, preferably microservices
- Proficiency with Python and related frameworks e.g. FastAPI, SQLAlchemy etc.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Solutions oriented attitude with a willingness to take ownership
- Proven communication and collaboration skills
- Experience Mentoring Junior Engineers
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Up to 5 weeks PTO (self-managed)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan (401k) with Company contribution
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Powersports Safety Benefit: reimbursement of up to $500/year for the purchase of any powersports safety equipment
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability & Life insurance
- Team Activities (remotely)
- Monthly company gift
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.