Sr. Mobile Engineer, Android at Varo Bank (Salt Lake City, UT)
| Salt Lake City, UT
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:33 p.m. (CST) on Friday, January 6, 2023
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured, and designed for the way our customers live their lives.
A bank for all of us.
About the Android Team
The Android team at Varo is responsible for the building and maintaining the Varo Bank App on Android devices. Our primary focus is to create a robust, testable and delightful app that will help our customers manage their financial life. We work closely with our iOS and GraphQL developers as well as design and product teams.
As Sr. Mobile Engineer, Android you’ll...
- Use modern but proven technologies to create an app that will run on multiple devices.
- Interact with product and design teams to build new features as well as maintain existing code.
- Write high quality code that is testable, performant and easy to read.
- Deliver polished and beautiful UI with smooth animations and delightful interactions.
You’re a person who...
- Is enthusiastic about building native mobile experiences.
- Wants to work at a mission driven company.
- Takes initiative and strive to make things better.
- Have excellent communication skills for a distributed work environment.
You have the following required experience...
- Android development using Kotlin
- Android Architecture Components and MVVM architecture in general.
- Good understanding of both GraphQL and REST, with experience in integrating mobile applications with back-end services.
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, and Git
- Understanding of Scrum development process
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail [email protected] with the pertinent information and contact information.
More Information on Varo Bank
Varo Bank operates in the Fintech industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA, Draper, UT and Charlotte, NC. Varo Bank was founded in 2015. It has 1000 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Volunteer in local community, Friends outside of work, Eat lunch together, Open door policy, Team based strategic planning and Open office floor plan. To see all 13 open jobs at Varo Bank, click here.
Read Full Job Description