Sr. Mechanical Engineer at Fluidra North America (San Diego, CA)
Fluidra is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our team at our North American Headquarters in Carlsbad, CA.
In this role, you will be joining an international company as a member of the North America’s R&D team. You will work side-by-side with engineers, product managers, purchasing and manufacturing sites to identify opportunities for Value Improvement. You will be able to learn from our product specialists and apply your knowledge and experience to make a difference. At the same time, you will build yourself an inspiring international career with a company that believes in giving its employees the challenges and opportunities they need to grow professionally and personally.
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- Work with VI Engineering Manager to develop concepts for design and process improvement efficiencies to improve the overall value of Fluidra products.
- Work with VI Engineering Manager to perform purposeful product teardowns, supplier assessment and manufacturing/sourcing footprint opportunities in the Fluidra supply chain.
- Design parts and assemblies using SolidWorks CAD software.
- Work with suppliers to ensure project goals are met and to resolve any engineering issues
Develop and document test plans and Engineering Changes
- Analyze Fluidra products to understand how they work and how the different functions can be done in a simpler and more cost-effective way
WHAT WE SEEK
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a positive attitude and the following:
- 7 or more years of Mechanical or electro-mechanical engineering experience
- Highly proficient design skills using SolidWorks CAD software.
- Extensive knowledge of various types of mechanical and electro-mechanical components and their use in product designs.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes to include injection molding, sheet metal and tooling.
- Exceptional root cause analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to present with impact and clarity
- Proven track record of accomplished projects with increasing responsibilities.
- A background in pool filtration Pumps is a plus.
- Design experience focusing on Value Analysis / Value Improvement of consumer products is also desirable.
- Analytical, flexible, and able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
We emphasize that we are looking for a team player with good interpersonal skills, who is self-motivated to drive Value Improvement projects within the company
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering
WHAT WE OFFER
An exciting opportunity to dive in and begin your career with a company that offers a competitive total rewards package that includes:
- Alternate work week schedule (EVERY OTHER FRIDAY OFF!)
- Full range of health benefits including medical, dental & vision, short & long-term disability
- 401(K) matching (100% of first 3% contributed, 50% of the next 2%)
- Flexible vacation
- Hybrid work schedule
- Health and wellness programs / gym reimbursement
- Educational assistance up to $7,000 per year
- On-site self-service café / free gourmet coffee stations
- Company sponsored FUN events!
- On-site gym, ping-pong, foosball, outdoor bocce ball court, BBQ & firepit
- Generous product discounts
WHY WORK FOR FLUIDRA?
We are a leader in the global pool industry. Our portfolio includes some of the most trusted brands; we offer our customers an expansive array of products across both the residential and commercial pool and wellness markets; and we have strong geographical footprint with operations in over 45 countries. With our merger with Zodiac, we now have over 8,500 employees and the combined resources to accelerate innovation in critical areas like energy-efficiency, robotics and the Internet of Things.
We are guided by clear values and come to work every day with a simple and direct mission in mind: To create the perfect pool and wellness experience. By staying focused on this mission, we will create value for all our stakeholders–customers, pool owners, investors and employees.
We own a portfolio of some of the industry’s most recognized and trusted brands, including Jandy®, AstralPool®, Polaris®, Cepex®, Zodiac®, CTX Professional® and Gre®.
In the pursuit of product excellence, Fluidra takes its corporate values to heart. We implement these guiding principles in everything we do: passion for success, honesty & trust, customer collaboration, teamwork, learn and adapt, excellence and Innovation.
For a deeper dive into our corporate culture, click here.