Sr. Manager, Software Engineering Management at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Come join the Cloud Infrastructure Automation team and work with a talented group of people building out solutions that make our infrastructure highly available, scalable and fully automated.
As a Software Engineering Manager, focused on cloud infrastructure automation, you will manage a team of talented software engineers working on ServiceNow Platform and Tools, building solutions using workflows, orchestration and developer tools in Private and Public Multi Cloud infrastructure.
What you get to do in this role:
- Hire, Grow and Manage a team of software engineers
- Deliver automations to deploy and manage ServiceNow Platform/Products in our own infrastructure as well as Public Clouds
- Implement best practices of software development
- Interact with other members of the infrastructure organization and the ServiceNow development teams
- Innovate solutions to take the organization to the next level
To be successful in this role you have:
- 6 years in leadership role as technical lead, manager or supervisor
- Experience in professional software development, preferably in the Cloud Infrastructure Environment
- Experience in hiring and building a talented team of software engineers
- Strong foundation in distributed systems with proven experience designing and architecting Systems
- Development of web-based database applications using MySQL or other relational databases
- Experience integrating software and services using common API techniques (REST, SOAP, XML, etc.)
- Experience in Cloud Security, Public Key Infrastructure, Encryption technologies is desirable
- Exposure to Containers, Machine Learning or Big Data will be an advantage
- Experience working in Public Cloud environments such as Azure, AWS or GCP
- Excellent technical design, problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Good team player, attention to detail and ability to work well and communicate with others
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.