Sr. Manager, Engineering at WellSky (Remote)
Are you a Sr. Manager of Engineering with a desire to influence how care is provided to aging seniors at home and how homecare agencies manage & grow the business of aging?
Cutting Edge Software Innovation
WellSky is hiring top-level Engineering talent for its Strategy and Payer groups working on cutting-edge, modern solutions including WellSky Care Coordination and its underlying interoperable, low-code frameworks like Workflow Engine and Custom Forms. This unique opportunity will immerse you in a high-performing team doing bona-fide, new-to- healthcare software innovation leveraging cloud native serverless, domain-driven, event-driven distributed architecture patterns, microservices and micro-frontends architected on AWS. We have aggressive goals over the next year and are looking for people who love a culture of can-do attitude, continuous learning, out-of-the-box thinking, customer focus, humility, teamwork, and relentless pursuit of excellence!
Do Well by Doing Good
Beyond the stimulation of working with a small, high performing team on bona-fide software innovation, this opportunity offers the satisfaction of “Doing Well by Doing Good.” WellSky is not in the business of selling advertising, dating apps, or clicks. Our technology solutions uniquely power 30% - 70% of all home and community-based care in the United States – from caregivers to nurses to meals support and beyond – all in the home helping the most vulnerable individuals to stay healthy, well, and out of the hospital. WellSky’s unique “footprint” as the EMR and solutions at the local provider level give us enormous opportunity – and responsibility – to make care more coordinated, transparent, and effective. That is the Mission of WellSky’s Strategy and Payer team, and the Care Coordination platform and other Solutions you will be working on are at the forefront of making care better for millions of people – from the hospital to the home and community.
WellSky is seeking a Sr. Manager of Engineering
You will lead teams and drive the development of new capabilities used every day by the homecare agency staff caregivers and the families of aging seniors. You will also drive the maintenance and refactoring of legacy features to modern architecture and ensure continued delivery of software products that meet our customer’s needs.
Day in the life!
- Provide hands on technical leadership and manage several teams of engineers in an innovative and fast-paced environment aimed at helping seniors and their communities.
- Work cross-functionally with solutions teams and stakeholders to ensure we are meeting our customers' needs for new products and supporting our existing platform.
- Recruit, train, lead, motivate and manage a disciplined high-performing engineering team across multiple functional areas
- Ensure the latest technologies and industry best practices are utilized in your teams, including AWS technologies, DynamoDB, Serverless, Python, React
- Ensure non-functional requirements are planned for and completed to allow for continued health and support of the features we deploy.
- Guide the continued growth and success of the team through technical and professional development.
- Supporting established organizational objectives by developing goals and strategies.
- Develop efficient processes, ensuring the engineering team is operating with high velocity, ownership, and accountability to our customers
- Foster a culture that encourages open communication, accountability, creativity, and innovation.
- Identify and follow key trends and emerging technologies that can enhance or impact the solution architecture to drive efficiency.
- Drive root cause analysis and remediation during any disruption of services and consequently improve the day-to-day operations of the organization using validated problem analysis methodology and tracking all elements of the RCA to closure. Work with DevOps and SRE teams to standardize the development environment and automate the integration and delivery processes to improve predictability, efficiency, reliability, security, and ease of maintenance.
- Serve as the company’s subject matter expert to support other teams for purposes of client, partner, and vendor development and relations.
- Drive root cause analysis and remediation during any disruption of services and consequently improve the day-to-day operations of the organization using validated problem analysis methodology and tracking all elements of the RCA to closure.
Have what it takes?
- 6+ years of building and managing highly scalable, customer-centric web and mobile SaaS applications
- 4+ years' experience managing geographically distributed engineering staff including hiring, mentoring, 1on1s, performance plans, reviews etc.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering cloud-based products, through multiple platforms on an enterprise scale
- Leadership presence and maturity, ability to deal effectively with a wide range of personalities and styles
- Experience architecting AWS infrastructure with Amazon AWS services like AppSync, Aurora, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, ElastiCache, Kinesis, Lambda, Step Functions, API Gateway, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, S3, RedShift, Athena, etc.
- Proven experience implementing microservices/domain-driven/event-driven architectures, serverless architectures, containerization, distributed systems, and analytics
- Robust understanding of software security principles, and experience deploying best practices in software security and compliance
- Passionate about quality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related IT field
- Ability to multi-task in an ambiguous and very dynamic start-up environment
- Demonstrated success working in short-cycle, agile, iterative development culture
- Effective collaboration skills with a proven ability to work cross functionally to establish and meet shared business goals
- Indomitable work ethic and insatiable desire to always improve
Stand above the rest?
- Experience scaling from startup into an enterprise company; scaling both the product and the tea
- Experience within the Healthcare industry
Experience refactoring legacy systems to modernize the architecture
WellSky is a leading supplier of software and services solutions that help acute, post-acute, and human service providers improve efficiency, support business growth, and provide intelligent care to patients and people in need. WellSky is headquartered in Overland Park, KS with 1,800 teammates across the U.S. and Canada WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world - including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, in-home care agencies, post-acute care facilities, government agencies, and human services organizations. WellSky's software and services address the continuum of health and social care - helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. Informed by 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers' needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care's potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, a new Health Savings Account with a generous employer contribution and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
As of December 8, 2021, as a condition of employment, all US-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.