Sr Lead, SW Quality Eng at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL)
The Mainframe developer would need to have at least 12+ years of IT experience. As a mainframe developer, he/she must also help the team to work together in an agile fashion, to jointly own the solution, and strong communication and management skill to interface well with other parts of the organization.
The mainframe architect position is also responsible for the creation of high level designs, detail level designs, maintaining product roadmaps, product technical debt, and mentorship.
- Creation of High and Detail level designs for COBOL, JCL, and CICS.
- Create architectures and designs, conduct peer reviews, and develop target state architectures.
- Applies knowledge of programming techniques to mentor developers and review code when required.
- Create, test, document and troubleshoot new and existing APIs working with architects, application developers, networking architects and infrastructure teams.
- Provides specifications, using flowcharts and diagrams, into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language that can be processed by computer.
- Provide input for process/documentation improvements.
- Applies knowledge of database design standards and database management.
- Implement PoCs as needed to assist with research and development of strategic roadmap.
- Work with business partners to drive and capture both functional and non-functional system requirements.
- Support sales and marketing initiatives by providing technical analysis
- Define best practices for solution implemented in CICS
- Run the meetings with other stake holders and vendors and negotiate the situation to get work done in effective manner
- Program management to present the report and status to stakeholders
Required Experience and Skills:
- 12+ years of experience; education and experience may be combined to satisfy experience requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or IT related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written skills are required.
- Expert knowledge of complex SQL and optimization techniques.
- Expert knowledge in COBOL, JCL, CICS.
- Expert knowledge in DB2/IMS.
- Expert knowledge in File System: VSAM.
- Knowledge of Middleware: MQ.
- Knowledge of zConnect or other SOA/CICS integration tools a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills