Smarter Thinking. Real Results. Technology consulting has been our story for over 14 years.
Companies from all industries partner with us for our innovative mindset to help them digitally
transform to create market advantages, become resilient, and prepare for what’s next. With us,
the possible becomes actual.
We provide strategic and innovative consulting services focused on digital experiences, engineering, automation, data and analytics, and salesforce solutions. Saggezza consultants work as part of a global team, and throughout their tenure, have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects across various clients and industries. We are chartered to do one thing, and one thing only – to bring enabling technology to our clients that allow them to move their business forward.
We are currently looking to hire a Sr Java Developer to join our team.
Each project will be different, but you’ll always be responsible for:
- Manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
- Collaborate with global cross functional teams in building customer-centric products
- Analyze existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide deadline estimates for implementing new features
- Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices and software runbooks
- Establish trusted partnerships with peers, product heads, and executive level stakeholders
- Must be passionate about technology and engineering
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
- Ability to leverage technology to deliver business value
- Must be independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environment
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 6+ years of relevant Experience
- Professional experience using a modern programming language (preferably Java/Scala)
- Strong Java development experience, SQL/NoSQL/MongoDB
- Experience on microservice architecture, API development, cloud experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience leveraging test-driven development methodologies
- Comfort with Agile operating models (practical experience of (Scrum/Kanban)
- Team oriented; strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated
- Experience with microservice architectures (SOA)
- Experience with Kafka, MongoDB, Hadoop, Cassandra
- Experience with Payments systems (understanding of the various payment networks)
- Experience with SQL databases (PostgreSQL/Oracle/Sybase)
- Experience with AWS/Azure
- Experience in Financial Services or Fintech
Why Join Our Team?
Diverse culture, experiences, and skills.
Our nurturing and supportive environment fosters collaboration across the entire organization.
We are not hierarchical but operate as a flat surface where every opinion matters, ideas are cultivated and innovation is encouraged.
At Saggezza, we are fortunate to have a strong mentorship program that provides every one of our employees the ability to thrive professionally and personally.
We are only as good as our people. Saggezza, Italian for wisdom, is rooted from the perspective that knowledge is power. We create thought-leaders who are constantly exposed and trained in different technologies in the ever-evolving world of software development.
We welcome innovators with entrepreneurial spirits to grow with our team.
Consulting Magazine - Fastest Growing Firms 2019
Built-In Top Places to Work in Chicago 2020
Best and Brightest Companies in the Nation 2019 and 2020, Best and Brightest Companies in Milwaukee 2020 and Best and Brightest Companies in Chicago 2020 Compensation:
Saggezza is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.