Sr. iOS Engineer - Mobile Platform at Realtor.com (Austin, TX)
At Realtor.com®, we have among the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of real estate listings and the most engaged users across all the online real estate portals. Our mission is to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Building your career? Build it better at Realtor.com®. Join us and help change the world of real estate, one home at a time.
Sr. iOS Engineer at Realtor.com (View all jobs)
Location: Austin, TX
Are you a quality driven iOS developer? Are you eager to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year by delivering beautiful intuitive mobile app experiences? If you want to pursue your professional goals as you help grow an innovative real estate tech company, this work is for you. We are looking for a Sr. iOS Engineer for our Mobile Platform team who would like to make a difference an impact on our mobile tech stack and development process. If you are passionate about building native experiences, designing architectures that scale, writing code with quality in mind and you thrive by collaborating with cross functional teams, you'll be right at home with us. Join us as our newest Sr. iOS Engineer and help change the world of real estate, one home at a time.
What you'll do:
- Work collaboratively in a cross functional team to contribute and lead the improvement of our development experience, enhancing and redefining how our mobile team works.
- Define and evolve the architecture, design and implementation of our CI/CD, Foundational codebase and set of toolsets that allows our Mobile team to perform at their best.
- Generate partnerships and connect with teams across the organization in order to understand business needs and propose technical solutions that solve complex business problems.
- Advocates for delivering high quality, scalable and bug free code across the iOS practice.
- Have an eye for excellence and quality, focusing on the tooling that would help the Mobile Team to excel.
- Mentor, coach and lead mobile engineers by promoting best software development practices and the values they provide to the organization.
- Ability to generate scalable code that could be easily abstracted and reused across the mobile organization.
How we work:
We balance creativity and innovation on a foundation of in-person collaboration. For most roles, our employees work three or more days in our offices, where they have the opportunity to collaborate in-person, adding richness to our culture and knitting us closer together.
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer in the tech industry building products at scale.
- 3+ years of experience developing native mobile applications and working within a team environment.
- Expertise in programming skills and up-to-date knowledge of Swift and Objective-C
- Core expertise in areas of the iOS SDK and deep understanding of UIKit
- Experience on dependency management solutions and coding of frameworks.
- Experience leading teams, mentoring colleagues, and managing technical projects
- Experience with any CI/CD solution, hosted or cloud base as well as experience creating scalable CI/CD pipelines.
- Understanding of and experience with TDD/BDD.
- A driven mobile software engineer that is motivated to build great products and a great codebase in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills. You collaborate effectively with cross functional teams in different organizations to discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make data-driven decisions
- Independent and can manage your own projects and time with ease, all the while setting and managing stakeholder expectations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Nice to haves...
- Experience with CircleCI & Fastlane (or similar)
- Experience with Combine or other Rx frameworks
- Previous experience with SwiftUI
- Interest in or experience with functional programming concepts
Do the best work of your life at Realtor.com
Building your career? Build it better at Realtor.com®. Here, you'll partner with a diverse team of experts as you use leading-edge tech to empower everyone to meet a crucial goal: finding their way home. And you'll find your way home too. People are our foundation-the core that drives us passionately forward. At Realtor.com, you'll bring your full self to work as you innovate with speed, serve our consumers, and champion your teammates. In return we'll provide you with a warm, welcoming, and inclusive culture; intellectual challenges; and the development opportunities you need to grow.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.