Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Lead a broad range of CAE analysis throughout the Interior of Rivian’s vehicles including but not limited to: Static, Linear, Non-Linear, Dynamic, NVH, Fatigue, Thermal (Static and Transient), and Impact Analysis.
- Ensure component and system designs are robustly meeting Design Validation performance and safety targets before tool kick-off.
- Develop new analytical and physical verification procedures in an effort to reduce physical testing and improve CAE model and/or test accuracy.
- Develop and teach common engineering interior engineering disciplines and ensure consistent use of these disciplines in all programs.
- Engage with Rivian centralized CAE team to utilize standard Rivian practices and procedures are maintained.
- Develop and maintain Best Practices: Design Standards, Test Procedures, Technical Specifications, etc.
- Lead collaborative problem-solving including interfaces with non-interior teams.
This is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Master’s degree preferred
- Mastery of: ABAQUS, LS-DYNA, NASTRAN, ANSYS, Catia V5, Microsoft Office
- Strong Level Knowledge of: FMVSS & ECE regulations
- Working level knowledge of: CFD using FLUENT software
- Ability to communicate clearly to a broad audience through verbal and written methods
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible Automotive CAE experience with demonstrated success.
- A deep passion and Innate Curiosity for continuous improvement.
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Irvine, California
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.