Sr. Full Stack Engineer at 1-800 CONTACTS (Salt Lake City, UT)
Why You Want This Job
1-800 Contacts has a proven track record of taking care of people – both customers and employees. We offer outstanding benefits, work/life balance, and on-site amenities so you can be your best at work. We know technology is always changing so we challenge you stay current and grow your skill set through mentoring, internal training, and paid external training. We know that things got pretty crazy last year, so many engineers are working from home with a setup provided by 1-800 Contacts. We’ve also got a beautiful building with an in-house chef and expansive gym facilities, for those who are feeling ready for on-site work. We believe optimistic and motivated individuals make great employees, and great employees make great companies. We champion the ability to explore, learn, and grow as a developer.
Things You’ll Do
The project focus for this role will change and grow over time. You will have the opportunity to work in our IT department supporting various business units. You will work closely with the product manager, designer, and other developers in a lean agile environment. As a key member of this team, you will help build the customer facing website, service layer, and database. Your role will be engineering solutions that will help support and improve the whole customer experience. You’ll play a key part in story sizing, design, architecture, process improvements, and user experience decisions. You’ll be utilizing both your server-side and client-side skills. As a member of a swarm (team), you’ll be integral in making key decisions to help customers and building out their experiences. On a swarm, we make sure everyone understands their leadership role, and we value the ability to try your new ideas, fail sometimes as a team, but always stay hungry and humble enough to learn and keep pursuing the best solutions.
Things you will use often (at least on workdays)
- AngularJS, Angular, Typescript
- HTML, CSS, and SCSS (including responsive frameworks like Bootstrap)
- C#, .NET (used for back-end services)
- Unit and Integration Testing
- REST Web services
- SQL Server T-SQL
- Your 4+ years of experience.
On regular basis you will
- Build web apps that are critical to enhancing the customer experience.
- Software design and implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Troubleshoot production issues and work effectively to identify and address problems.
- Successfully use agile development methodologies
- Explain code to professionals inside and outside of the software engineering field
- Work independently or as part of a team
- Take ownership with the team to deliver key business outcomes
You will be a good fit if you like
- Exploring and learning new technologies
- Being a team player and working with others
- Being meticulous in your work
- Taking pride in accomplishing deadlines
- Developing new applications
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Free eye exams for your entire family
- Deep discounts on lenses, glasses, and other services
- Amazing healthcare coverage
- 401(k) match, Work/Life PTO
- Exposure and training to other roles in the company
- In-house restaurant with highly discounted meals (Steak dinner under $4.00)
- Free snacks, ice cream, and drinks every day