Sr. Frontend Software Engineer - UI and Apps at Nextiva (Remote)
We don’t study industry trends; we create them.
Nextiva is the fastest-growing, privately held provider of cloud communications. We create connected communication tools that help businesses stay in touch with their customers and teams.
We invite you to join our amazing team. We are hiring experienced and talented team members in Canada. Please note, candidates must reside in British Columbia, Ontario, or Quebec.
We’re actively looking for amazing people like you to join our team!
Nextiva’s team builds the next generation of business communication technology and works directly on a product that positively impacts millions of lives. We are creating a new category of technology, extending from our large installed base in core communications technology into advanced customer management capabilities. We have a genuine need for advanced technologies and we are looking for senior engineers who can learn advanced algorithms, languages, libraries and tools quickly, solve hard problems, and help talented junior engineers come up to speed very fast.
At Nextiva, we are building a new generation of integrated communications and customer management applications on top of our NextOS platform. We are looking for senior applications engineers who can make good technology decisions, solve hard problems and rapidly develop high-quality user-facing applications. Senior engineers set the examples for others to follow and they are trusted to make decisions with long-term impact.
The Day to Day
As a senior applications engineer you will be part of a tribe that combines product managers and engineers focused on conceiving and building amazing products. You will work closely with the product managers, designers and platform engineers to build applications that realize the vision of connected communications. As a senior engineer, you will also participate in peer reviews, technology R&D, tool selection and development and engineering talent development.
- Durable code (testability, documentation, maintainability)
- API integration (REST / JSON, messaging)
- OAuth / other security protocols
- Contemporary team development (CI/CD pipelines, git, Jira, etc)
- Degree in mathematics or computer science preferred
- 6+ years progressive professional software development experience (we are hiring at the Senior, Staff and Principal level)
More about Nextiva Technology
- We invest in our people. We provide time (10% self-directed), funding (training grants) and in-house training to support professional development of our people. We will expect you to learn a lot very quickly; but we will provide you with the means to do that
- We have a great culture and are acknowledged to be a great place to work.
- We regularly sponsor conferences and meetups and provide opportunities for our engineers to share their knowledge and experience with their peers in the industry
Nextiva is unique. We are a cloud communications company, solving problems, creating solutions, and changing the game. We’re outpacing our competitors. Our 1,400+ team members worldwide embrace our promise of Amazing Service.
We believe in the power of strong connections, connections to our customers, our products and services, and most importantly, each other.
At Nextiva, we recognize the contributions of our team members and ensure
- our financial rewards are competitive,
- our benefits support and promote the wellbeing of every Nextie,
- career growth, individual and team performance and success, and
- our work environment is collaborative, engaging, supportive, and innovative.
Nextiva is a Q1 2022 “Best Place to Work” winner by Comparably in two categories — Best Global Culture and Best Places to Work in Phoenix. Nextiva is also a proud winner of additional workplace awards, including:
- 2021 LinkedIn Talent Employee Engagement Champion
- Comparably’s Best CEO 2021
- Comparably’s Best Company Culture 2021 and 2018
- Comparably’s Best Company Compensation 2021 and 2019
- Glassdoor 2020 Best Places to Work
Apply today to join our winning team!