LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
In this role you will:
- Own the design and implementation of significant portions of the product development.
- Maintain and enhance existing web applications
- Coordinate with engineers to integrate backend api
- Work closely with UX teams and Product Management to define and build the optimal user experience for our customers
- Develop technical specifications, documentation, and assistance tools
- Keep an eye on industry standards and best practices
- Support customers
You should be an expert in:
- Deep knowledge and understanding of client-side architecture and experience in building large scale and high performance web applications
- Proficient in understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Experience using CSS preprocessors such as SASS or LESS
- Experience building data visualization using libraries such as d3.js
- Experience using build tools such as Webpack, Gulp or Grunt.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of scalability design principles
- Understanding principles of design and knowledge of user experience and accessibility
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter with strong motivation and execution capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Knowledge of frontend testing frameworks such as Jasmine and Karma is a plus
- Knowledge of Node.js is a plus
What you need for success:
- 7+ years of experience building successful web applications in production
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.