Sr. Engineering Manager (Infrastructure/DevOps) at LivePerson
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth-minded, unconventional thinkers, developers, and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
- You can operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You can build partnerships that move our business forward
- You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
- You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
- You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
- You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
About the Team:
We’re a highly motivated engineering team working in a collaborative environment to iterate quickly in an outstanding opportunity space of ML, NLP, text analytics, and Big Data, crafting solutions that address data and infrastructure needs for enterprise customers and users.
We build and manage large-scale production hybrid infrastructure (on-prem and public cloud) that supports state-of-the-art machine learning automation, model deployments, text analytics, large-scale batch and real-time data processing, and highly available consumer-facing services built on top of distributed stores like ElasticSearch.
About the Role:
As a Sr. Manager on our infrastructure team, you will manage a team that is responsible for a greenfield project to build a state-of-the-art MLOps infrastructure and that owns many aspects of our cloud migration, and our storage and compute platforms and services. As our engineering organization grows, you will help grow the team, ensure a high talent bar, and grow the skills and capabilities of your team. You will help define the team’s roadmap, remove roadblocks and give individual contributors autonomy and ownership.
In this role you will:
- Operate with technical leaders and product managers across LivePerson teams - with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership
- Manage Infrastructure engineering/DevOps team focused on creating complex back-end infrastructure
- Manage on-prem, cloud (GCP), and hybrid services in production.
- Support and enable engineering and data science teams at LivePerson.
- Drive continuous improvements in capacity, reliability, availability, and performance of core systems
- Establish and execute short and long-term architectural roadmaps for the business
- Hire and grow the team while continuously raising the bar
Your qualifications are:
- 5+ years experience in software engineering supporting large scale, highly available production software systems
- 3+ years of experience in managing software development/infrastructure projects with a consistent track record of on-time delivery for large, cross-functional projects.
- Experience in leading a team of Software/DevOps engineers, hiring, performance management, and career coaching.
- Strong knowledge of databases, both SQL and NoSQL.
- Experience leading teams that manage large distributed data stores like ElasticSearch or have built a large scale data infrastructure
- Experience building high-performance distributed systems
- Experience with coaching and driving technical discussions and decisions by being technically involved
- Strong ability to coach engineers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Experience managing teams that build and manage ML infrastructure is a plus
- Experience with Hadoop, Impala, Hive, or other big data storage and query systems is a plus.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.