Sr. Engineering Manager, Experiences Platform (Remote) at Abercrombie & Fitch Co.
This is a hands-on role in establishing the experiences platform to deliver and wow our customers across all our brands and geographies. In this role, you will be leading our transformation journey to React-based experiences using decoupled architecture, server-side renders, and of course, on Cloud. You will have a team of engineers to help you on this path and will partner closely with domain services, data & analytics teams, and infrastructure & operations team, among others.
We want to talk to you because,
- You have demonstrable experiences in building React Apps that operate at web scale
- You are a team player
- You like being in an agile environment
- You have held engineering leadership positions
- You enjoy the process of instrumenting and leading through change
What Will You Be Doing?
- Lead and manage a team
- Partner with digital product management and user experience teams to define objectives and priorities
- Build and execute front-end web store modernization strategy
- Coach, mentor and drive engineering advocacy and efficiency
- Drive front end code base and vision towards CI/CD and automation
- Support transition to full autonomous teams through development CI/CD pipelines and building test automation into the pipelines
- Support investigation and analysis of front-end developer toolsets, development standards
- Maintain accessibility standards and front-end design system leveraged by sites
- Work with other front end engineering managers to share best practices and promote continuous improvement
- Build team to healthy ratio of internal/external mix
- Assist during the budgeting and planning process
What Do You Need To Bring?
- 8-15 years of experience in the digital engineering space: implementing digital platforms/solutions, and extensive experience with web development, React.js, design systems
- Demonstrated expertise in Agile Methodology
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in CI/CD development
- Advocate for test driven development and automation
- Experience managing teams of 10-15 (mix of FTE and consulting)
- Experience with Global brands desired
- Passion for solving complex problems
- Proven track record of hiring, onboarding, and upskilling
- Experience with AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) / Assets / Adobe Target helpful
- Experience with HCL / WCS Commerce preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including written, verbal, and active listening skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Attention to detail and flexibility in work assignments.
- Ability to work in a team-orientated, collaborative, and cross-functional environment
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, [including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off], as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off and Work From Anywhere Flexibility
- Paid Volunteer Day per Year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Merchandise Discount
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Associate Assistance Program
- Paid Parental and Adoption Leave
- Access to Carrot to support your unique parenthood journey
- Access to Headspace dedicated to creating healthier, happier lives from the inside out
- 401(K) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Opportunities for Career Advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- A Global Team of People Who'll Celebrate you for Being YOU
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER