Sr. Engineer, Chassis Systems at Magna International (Detroit, MI)
Job Number: 52083
Group: Magna Corporate
Division: Magna Services of America (Troy Office)
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: TROY, AURORA
At Magna, we create technology that disrupts the industry and solves big problems for consumers, our customers, and the world around us. We're the only mobility technology company and supplier with complete expertise across the entire vehicle.
We are committed to quality and continuous improvement because our products impact millions of people every day. But we're more than what we make. We are a group of entrepreneurial-minded people whose collective expertise gives us a competitive advantage. World Class Manufacturing is a journey and it's our talented people who lead us on this journey.
Our R&D Team in Troy, Michigan, we are looking for a Senior Engineer, Chassis Systems. In this exciting and challenging position, you are responsible for leading the development of concepts, prototyping, validation and launching them into production. You work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, agile R&D engineering development environment where you are able to exercise freedom to innovate and explore new methods and solutions.
- Develop a chassis systems where a driver would not feel anything while riding over bumps.
- Support the ideation process while identifying gaps in the current product or manufacturing technology to guide and provide future R&D efforts.
- Evaluate technologies and product designs with compliance to scientific principles, engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements, and related specifications
- Provide engineering support to other departments within the company as directed by the department leader.
- Prepare and present project progress reports.
- Demonstrate sustained innovation and creativity leading to significant project accomplishments without direct technical supervision .
- Bachelor's degree in Mechancial Engineering
- 5+ years industry experience
- Comprehensive understanding about automotive technology in general and chassis (Mechatronics) systems and functional integration in specific, e.g.: multi-mass systems, kinematics & compliance, steering behaviour, comfort, performance, braking etc.
- Good understanding of basic software function development (e.g.: object oriented software design, electrics, etc.)
- Good understanding of basic engineering principles, simulation (e.g.: evaluation of dynamic systems, frequency, stiffness, stress, etc.)
- Advantageous: MATLAB, Python, GiT, automotive data & application tools (Vector, ETAS)
- Unique chance to apply science on automotive industry
- Possibilities for creativity and room for own ideas
- Corporate culture defined by innovation, involvement, and teamwork
- Long-term perspectives in an international company
- Attractive framework conditions for further training
- Profit participation in the company's success
- Home office options and flexible working hours
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (childcare, health promotion, leisure and sports activities, benefits in everyday life)
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That's why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Apply on-line to join our talented R&D team and help Magna to stay ahead of the industry.
Nearest Major Market: Troy
Nearest Secondary Market: Detroit