Sr. Electrical Engineer at Motorola Solutions (Miami, FL)
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe Motorola Solutions Radio Engineering team, located in Plantation, FL., specializes in the design and development of world class Mission Critical Communications equipment. This team develops state of the art mixed signal modules and integrated circuits for use in our radio products. We need innovative and motivated digital and RF circuit designers to apply their talents to take our solutions to the next level.
- The Digital ASIC/FPGA Engineer will work with CMOS technologies (180 to 22 nm) and support digital processors and/or custom digital interface design or verification tasks for integrated circuit devices to be utilized in hi-reliability public safety communications systems.
- Assist with Verilog RTL-level digital design, debug and problem solving in the design and implementation of interfaces, state machines, and controlling logic required to create new products.
- Digital synthesis, place-and-route, static timing analysis, logical equivalence checking, gate level simulation, SCAN insertion, power and EMIR analysis, low power design (UPF/CPF)
- Experience with System Verilog / UVM universal verification methodologies, Cadence Virtuoso schematic capture and AMS simulations is desired.
- SKILL, perl, python, tcl programming
- Silicon validation in the lab.
Additional Qualified Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong RTL coding and documentation practices
- Verilog (preferred) or VHDL fluency in design, simulation, and verification domains
- Ability to own and drive design assignments to completion
- Ability to master the full digital design flow with emphasis on back-end
- MSEE or BSEE with 2+ years of Digital and/or Mixed Signal IC design experience
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees. These employees are required to submit proof of vaccination to Motorola Solutions and maintain compliance with these requirements.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.