Sr. Director, Software Engineering - DevOps & SRE at Capital One (Washington DC)
Center 3 (19075), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Sr. Director, Software Engineering - DevOps & SRE
Capital One is seeking a Senior Director of Software Engineering to lead, manage, mentor, and build extremely talented software engineering teams to deliver game changing technologies. The Sr. Director must have the ability to attract and recruit the industry's best talent, and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure that we build compelling, customer oriented solutions in an iterative methodology.
As a candidate for this role, you're able to seamlessly switch from diving deep into technology with engineers to driving high-level, strategic discussions. You are a naturally curious technologist and stay on top of emerging trends, including hands-on prototyping of nascent technologies. You are not afraid to question any existing processes and solutions, yet you display a keen sense of business value proposition and focus on the right priorities.
This SRE technology leader will be responsible for managing the cloud infrastructure of the Mobile Platform and the underlying ecosystem of services like feature management, edge infrastructure, CI/CD pipelines, and all associated components in AWS for one of the largest and most digitally advanced financial institutions serving millions of customers across multiple lines of businesses.
You thrive in working in a fast paced, technologically forward leaning environment and are not afraid to push the boundaries. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: AWS, Java, Python, New Relic, Splunk, Datadog, Swift, Kotlin to name a few.
- Influence executive stakeholders
- Lead, manage and grow multiple teams of software engineers and build a culture of accountability
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of engineers on your team
- Work with product leaders to define the strategy, roadmap and destination architecture
- Manage a portfolio of diverse technology platforms and projects to build scalable applications that meet our customer needs
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 9 years experience in software development
- At least 7 years experience in people management
- At least 5 years of experience with AWS
- At least 3 years of experience with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Master's Degree
- 13+ years of experience in software development
- 8+ years of experience with public cloud providers (AWS, GCP)
- 8+ years of experience in Agile practices
- 7 + years of experience with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $315,100 - $359,700 for Sr. Dir, Software Engineering
San Francisco, California (Hybrid On-Site): $333,900 - $381,000 for Sr. Dir, Software Engineering
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).