PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
You’re into technology – learning it, building it, teaching it. You’re someone who thrives on infrastructure and on helping people, making things happen for the team, making their work lives more efficient and easier, which allows them to perform at their peak.
And you’re talented, really talented, and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done – and we leave you alone to do them. Sound interesting? Give us a shout.
- Solve problems within existing pipelines, focusing on simple and robust solutions.
- Help plan, configure, and deploy various open source and proprietary services on Linux and Windows such as: Perforce, Ceph, Nginx, Apache, Influxdb, Telegraf, Traefik, Sentry on premise, as well as new services to support the development team.
- Support build release and patching pipeline, build deployment tool suite, code integration utilities, pre-commit testing utilities, and packaging pipeline.
- Upgrade, evolve, and maintain existing infrastructure, including Jenkins server configurations and scripts and build scripts.
- Interface and help support everyone on the team: get to the bottom of simple and complex problems. Provide direct solutions.
- Collaborate with IT to ensure a broad understanding of approaches and solutions.
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional scripts and code.
- Test and document work produced.
- Create and manage complex build branching schemes.
- Implement and maintain effective reporting systems to facilitate team needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years professional experience.
- Very strong Linux System Administration skills
- Familiar with Windows system administration.
- Experience with AWS as well as on premises deployments.
- Proficient in a majority of the following: Docker, Git, Perforce, Jira, REST API’s, Python, C++, Docker, Qt, PowerShell, Puppet, automated testing structures and processes, build and/or content cooking pipelines.
- Experience developing Windows GUI applications using C++ or Python is a plus.
- Enthusiasm and initiative.
- Personable: gets along well with everyone; has “I can help” attitude.
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.