Sr. Database SRE - Federal at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA)
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Our SWAT (Software Action Team) ensures the production stability of our customer application(s) and infrastructure services from an operations perspective. Our engineers are responsible for production stability and "champions at all service levels" and act as the last level of support for our customers ( internal and external ).
The ideal candidate for this position is a software engineer with a strong background in database technologies, performance analysis, and strong troubleshooting skills. The candidate must have a passion for chasing issues of complex systems running under dynamic, real-world loads. You will work in a fast-paced, innovative environment that allows direct influence on the organization and all our customers. In this role you will support the infrastructure by learning the platform from end to end.
What you get to do in this role:
- Develop automation tools to facilitate and improve day-to-day operations
- Become an SME in production triage, gain broad knowledge across ServiceNow's application and codebase, work with all the groups within Engineering/Operations, and groups outside of Operations (e.g. Customer Support).
- Learn how to identify bugs and solve challenging performance issues quickly . SWAT provides an excellent opportunity to learn and grow as a well-rounded problem and performance analyst.
Please Note: This position will support our US Federal Government customers.
"This position requires passing a ServiceNow background screening, USFedPASS (US Federal Personnel Authorization Screening Standards). This includes a credit check, criminal/misdemeanor check and taking a drug test. Any employment is contingent upon passing the screening. Due to Federal requirements, only US citizens, US naturalized citizens or US Permanent Residents, holding a green card, will be considered.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Strong experience with performance and stress testing tools and approaches for driving realistic customer simulations
- 4+ years experience with database management and performance tuning
- 4+ years of experience supporting or testing large scale web-based distributed applications on containers such as Apache/Tomcat, JBoss, Web Logic, and Web Sphere in a Unix environment
- 2+ years of experience developing on a SaaS, PaaS, or Cloud Infrastructure product/solution
- Proven experience with concurrency, multithreading, and distributed system architectures
- Unix skills: including development, navigation, file manipulation, permissions, searching/finding files and text contents, and administrative actions
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Experience developing and deploying mission-critical software
- Eagerness to learn everything about the ServiceNow Platform
- Supporting US Federal customers on isolated stack and be on-call weekly support 24x7 on rotation basis
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.