Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Understanding source and target data models and creating mapping files that accurately captures the transformation logic
- Building and supporting Azure data and ETL solutions with a focus on quality, performance, scalability, and resilience
- Driving consistency and patterns for data quality, data transformation
- Establish productive and collaborative relationship with the client team and members of internal Optum cross functional teams
- Provide concise and accurate status to the PMO which includes identification of risks and corresponding mitigation strategies
- This is a hands-on developer role in addition to guiding the junior developers
- Partner closely with client data SMEs to define requirements for data conversion
- Collaborate with Optum Business Analysts, Developers and Product SMEs to understand application and data nuances for designing efficient process for conversion mapping, development and testing
- Working with conversion leads and clarifying any questions in a timely manner to meet project milestones
- Test the target system functionality with converted data and verify that QA team can be engaged for formal testing
- Work with conversion lead to manage client expectations and receive approvals of mapping documents and test results
- Contribute to standard data conversion processes, tools, templates and methodologies to ensure consistency and predictability across implementations
- Continually enhance deliverable and work product templates
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Management, Information Systems, Computer Science, related field
- 5+ years of data solution development and documentation experience with a focus on quality and performance using Microsoft SQL Server technology stack, with recent experience using Azure Data services
- 3+ years of experience developing ETL solutions for a wide variety (10+) and number (100+) of data sources
- Experience developing written documentation in clear concise formats and when needed presenting/communicating changes
- 3+ years of experience using Azure Data Factory services, including experience on one or more of the following: BLOB/Container Management, Virtual Machines, Active Directory, App Plans, Task Flows and Application Insights
- 3+ years experience leading external and internal discussions in an organized and cohesive manner
- Experience with EXCEL (must be able to create spreadsheets, link between cells, create formulas, vlookup with very minimal supervision)
- Experience with General Dynamics provider system data model
- Experience working on large-scale data conversion projects
- Experience with non-structured data and database systems
- Experienced working in ETL based projects involving Talend
- Healthcare experience specifically provider and payer experience
- Understanding of HIPAA, X12, FHIR, HL7 healthcare data formats
- Good understanding on XML
- Proficient in RDBMS, Oracle/SQLServer, Data Architecture, DML, DDL, and data integration
- Willing or ability to travel up to 10% as needed based on project timeline / deliverables
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission .
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law .
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment .