Vectra® is the leader in AI-driven threat detection and response for hybrid and multi-cloud enterprises.
The Vectra Platform captures packets and logs across network, public cloud, SaaS, and identity by applying patented security-led AI to surface and prioritize threats for rapid threat response. Vectra's threat detections are powered by a deep understanding of attacker methods and problem-optimized AI algorithms. Alerts uncover attacker methods in action and are correlated across customer environments to expose real attacks. Organizations around the world rely on Vectra to see and stop threats before a breach occurs. For more information, visit www.vectra.ai.
*This role is remote for the east coast region
Vectra is growing fast in the Americas region and our regional team is in need of a motivated and adaptable Sr. Consulting Engineer reporting to the Sr Manager, Consulting Engineering. You will be in charge of following large customer deployments and enablement in using the Vectra Cognito platforms. A critical part of the job is to handle the integration of the solution with the customer’s processes and existing solutions. Working with Product Management and Engineering to ensure future solutions meet customer requirements and address current in field obstacles. Additionally, you will be in charge of maintaining the relationship with technical counterparts on the customer side.
The successful candidate will have sound technical experience and skills, blended with strong interpersonal and communication skills and project management. They will also be expected to undertake their own research, and reading into new cyber security threats, trends, and attackers.
This is a highly technical role and deep knowledge of Linux, scripting languages like Python, and networking is required, as well as a strong background in security. Resolving customer issues routinely includes working in complex product and infrastructure configurations, problem troubleshooting and isolation, performance tuning and optimization. You will resolve complex security challenges and help customers to distinguish benign and malicious behavior.
- Engage with newly signed enterprise and Federal customers as a Vectra product expert to implement Vectra solutions at their sites. Implementation activities include solution design and architecture, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, testing, and documentation.
- Assist customers with the integration of Vectra into existing ecosystem and tools, through already provided mechanisms or by writing custom API integration scripts.
- Provide technical expertise and real-life experience in creating solutions, designs, proof of concept and implementation
- Analyze threats, piece-together exploitation trails, and study lateral movements of attackers within customer networks
- Respond to and document customer requests for assistance
- Pursue security research topics that contribute to the knowledge and enumeration of new threats
- Identify blind spots in customer network security architecture and provide expert guidance on remediation
- Drive high levels of customer satisfaction
- Travel expected 25-50%
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent in experience
- 5+ years work experience in a relevant customer-facing role or in an end user/customer environment
- Federal DoD TS/SCI clearance
Skills and Experience
- 2+ Years of professional security consulting experience
- Strong understanding of penetration testing and red team practices
- Good understanding of security product lines (NDR, EDR, SIEM, forensics-type platforms)
- Experience with Active Directory, LDAP, VPN, firewalls, policy management, and LAN/WAN/Internet services administration
- Experience with Linux-based systems, their management, operation, and application stacks.
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP network protocol suite including packet capture analysis
- Experience in delivering production-ready API integration scripts with Python or other scripting language(s).
- Understanding of modern malware construction techniques and the cyber-criminal ecosystem
- Good understanding of current security technologies and risks
- Basic understanding of SQL and non-SQL databases
- Able to work as part of a geographically dispersed, global team.
- Project management skills with a high attention to detail
- Must have a good understanding of the sales process, be sensitive to sales situations, and possess excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated experience in working with broad cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational, analytical, negotiation, and influence skills
- Ability to work independently, ability to adapt quickly, positive attitude
A two-minute video that describes what we do at Vectra, and an article about Vectra's last funding round: