PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
We will consider mid to senior plus level professional experience.
A forward-thinking individual to join our R&D team and partner with our development and quality teams around the world. This engineer would excel at problem solving and look beyond just immediate issues to drive improvements in both our software and our development infrastructures. Here, you will craft software development and testing processes in an AGILE environment, communicate with multiple engineering teams concurrently, design tools, and be proactive about testing, automation, and pursuing innovative solutions. If this is you, we want to hear from you!
- Develop test systems/infrastructure for PlayStation SDK libraries, features and components; for example, 3D audio, video/image processing, or real-time graphics.
- Setup CI/CD pipelines for building and running software tools and automated tests on mixed hardware platforms in a networked environment.
- Innovate tools and techniques to improve software production quality and testing efficiency.
- Instrument collection of runtime metrics, operational and performance data and produce business intelligence analysis/reports.
- Craft test plans with samples/specifications and execute tests in continuous delivery mode.
- Professional experience in software engineering using C++ and Python.
- Strong foundation in data structures & algorithms, software design and engineering principles.
- Passion for QA engineering and automation! Ability to discuss pros/cons of state-of-the-art test technologies and techniques. Promote Test Driven Development, unit testing, integration testing, systems testing.
- Experience with dev tools including Perforce, Git, SVN, Jenkins, Clang/LLVM, Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL, MongoDB.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent (MS is preferred).
Nice to Have:
- Game console and multi-platform dev experience: PlayStation, Xbox, Windows, Linux.
- Professional or research experience with digital (image/video, audio) signal processing.
- Familiarity using data analysis and reporting tools: Grafana, MS PowerBI, Excel.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.