Sr. Backend Software Engineer at Pluralsight (Remote)
Pluralsight is the technology workforce development company that helps teams build better products by knowing more and working better together. Using our Skills and Flow products, teams can develop critical skills, improve processes and gain insights through data.
We build this exciting product ecosystem by working with smart people and uniting behind a passion for what tech can create. We're a group of good-natured, nimble go-getters dedicated to helping people and businesses build better with technology. That means when we see opportunities to create, we go for it. We don't let the unknown stop us from solving challenges and winning together. And most importantly, we treat each other like adults. If you can see possibilities where others see problems, have candid conversations to ensure all voices are heard and thrive in a collaborative environment, you'll do some of the best work of your career here.
Pluralsight is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a learner's mindset to join our team! We value innovative thinking, proven problem-solving skills, and team communication. We are looking to build creative new billing solutions for both our customers and internal partners, and would love a collaborative engineer comfortable with crafting custom integrations to join us on our journey.
Who you're committed to being:
- You are kind-hearted and a good communicator.
- You are not afraid to be yourself, experiment, make mistakes and learn from them, ask questions, or voice your concerns.
- You enjoy learning and are open to new ways of doing things.
- You are a team member first and individual contributor second. You are aware that high-performing teams are only as strong as their weakest link.
- Believe in continuous improvement. You realize there is always room for improvement and are committed to not only self-improvement, but improving the way you work with others on your team.
- You request frequent feedback from others. You realize feedback is an important part of making improvements and you welcome it.
- Dedicated to the craft of software engineering. You realize good developers write efficient code for computers to interpret, but great developers write code that other humans can easily comprehend.
What you'll own:
In this role you will own the systems that enable Pluralsight to execute a successful Quote to Cash process, including the integrations connecting the Pluralsight platform to our billing and other 3rd party systems. You will be an excellent fit for this role if you are passionate about data, innovation, and using technology to create with possibility.
- Design and engineering of entitlements messaging microservices
- Evolution of company product catalog microservices
- Integrations with SaaS financial system abstractions
- Technology feature lead for one or more systems
- Successful migration of systems in transformation project
Experience you'll need:
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or 5+ years equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability writing unit tests, performing code reviews, and participating in design discussions about architecture, data shape, and business logic.
- Experience working collaboratively with Agile or Kanban development teams.
- Development using CI/CD practices to help automate repeatable deployment tasks.
- Understand topics related to platform scale, security, availability, deployment and operations.
- Nice to have some experience with one or more: Kafka, RabbitMQ, MuleSoft.
Ready for bonus points? Hands-on experience supporting billing solutions would be nice to have, specifically integrating systems with Salesforce. Familiarity with React is also a plus, but not required. If you are interested in learning more, we would love for you to apply!
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.