Luxury Presence is a rapidly growing Bessemer-backed SaaS startup that enables real estate agents to manage their online presence. We are moving fast to be a one stop shop for everything from websites to marketing services. If building scalable infrastructure to host thousands of small business websites or architecting an interactive editing experience for email marketing interests you — you would be a great fit for our engineering & development teams.
Team: Engineering / Networks
Title: Sr. Backend Engineer (SWE II)
Location: U.S. Based, Remote
Compensation: 145k-170k, Stock Options, Flex PTO, Health/Vision/Dental, Retreats
Who is the Networks Squad?
The Networks Squad pushes the envelope of social and community-based products at Luxury Presence. From developing the company's first mobile app to the recently-launched "Networks" product, this squad is enabling top real estate agents to connect, share listings across networks beyond their reach, increase property inventory, and boost referrals. The team's challenges are similar to the "network effect" problems that Facebook and Linkedin faced in their heyday. The Networks Squad will be leading the front at building one of the strongest moats for Luxury Presence's business while changing the relationship dynamics of the real estate industry.
What you will do as a Sr. Backend Engineer:
- Design, build, test, and deploy the cloud-native platform and microservices/API to be consumed by our platform and clients
- Partner with architecture and external development teams to design reusable frameworks and technical solutions
- Partner with Frontend Developers to create new user-facing features and build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Participate in the evaluation of emerging technology and tools
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Conduct code reviews for peers and mentor junior Engineers
- Iterate on our framework for rendering and building a common of libraries and components
- Participate in squad ceremonies and team events (lunch & learn, brainstorms, etc.)
Skills And Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience with web application frameworks including technology such as NodeJS, Go, C#, RoR
- Experience with data-driven architecture and systems design, RESTful APIs, microservices architecture. GraphQL experience is a plus!
- Proficiency utilizing SQL, NoSQL, in-memory and distributed SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, AuroraDB)
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs, external frameworks, and libraries
- Strong understanding and implementation of cloud-native architectures (AWS serverless or containers preferred) at scale in production
- Demonstrated understanding and implementation of software design principles such as SOLID and DI
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS), multi-tenancy application development
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CICD) model, including Github and CI pipeline automation tools
- Proven success working in Agile environments (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
Our Technology Stack:
- React / StyledComponents / Apollo / SingleSPA
- Node/Typescript Microservices
- Python ETLs
- Postgres / ElasticSearch / DynamoDB
- AWS / Kubernetes / Lambda
- We do a quick, 3 step, fully virtual interview process.
- Engineering Craft Interview (Technical Breadth)
- Engineering Craft Interview (Deep Dive)
- Culture and Values Interview
Who we are: Luxury Presence is the real estate industry's most powerful marketing platform, providing award winning websites and cutting edge tech to the world’s top agents.
Founded in 2016 by Stanford Business School alumni Malte Kramer, Luxury Presence currently serves over 4000 clients in the U.S. and Canada with its SaaS model — including over 20 of the top 100 WSJ real estate agents and teams. In addition, Luxury Presence is the official website partner to some of the industry's most powerful brokerages.
The Los Angeles-based SaaS company raised $25.9 million for its Series B round. Bessemer Venture Partners led the round alongside fellow existing investors Toba Capital and Switch Ventures. Former Dallas Mavericks basketball player Dirk Nowitzki also participated in the round, along with other angel investors.
Its solutions include stunning website design, an engaging home search tool, an agent-to-agent listing referral network, powerful content & SEO strategies, expert-lead social media management, and digital advertising for lead generation. In 2020, Luxury Presence was recognized as a Best Place to Work by BuiltinLA and by Inc. as the 322nd fastest growing private company in America and then again in 2021 — LP ranked 598th.
Luxury Presence is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.