At Artemis Health, we are dedicated to helping fix the broken health care system by empowering U.S. employers and their advisors to optimize health benefits using data. We offer the most innovative and easy-to-use benefits analytics technology on the market today. More than 9 million employees and their families are receiving better, more affordable healthcare because their employers are leveraging insights from Artemis. Together we can bring America's runaway healthcare costs more in line with the rest of the world.
Artemis is committed to being compassionate and caring in the way we treat our customers and our employees. We work hard at what we do because we know we are making a difference in the lives of the people we work with. We take ownership in what we do, and we are transparent with our team members as well as our customers. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and maintaining a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion not because we have to, but because we understand it makes us better. We are building a team in which diversity is valued, equity is striven for, and inclusion is embraced.
WHO YOU ARE
Artemis Health is looking for a Back-end engineer. Your primary focus will be developing server-side logic, defining and maintaining both web-hosted data server and local database APIs, and to ensure high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end and research teams. If you are motivated by solving problems in healthcare through technology solutions, you can make a direct impact. We're looking for people who can deal with ambiguity, love to partner with product, UX, front-end engineers and QA to build best-in-class solutions. Based on your skills and experiences, you can join us as a Back-end Engineer or a Senior Back-end Engineer.
What You'll Do
- Define, develop and implement backend APIs and services for business logic and data processing
- Work closely with research team to design and develop applications and services to provide functionality for data analytics
- Maintain existing multi-tenant Web application infrastructure
- Contribute to the design process for new and existing applications/components (technical specification, acceptance criteria, design and implementation)
- Help brainstorm, design, and implement new products that will help us make a difference in the healthcare industry
- Effective participation in agile development processes (backlog refinement, sprint planning, retrospectives, daily scrum, CI/CD pipeline)
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Incumbents must be able to work in an office environment. Job may work on weekends, nights, holidays and on-call basis
What You'll Have:
- Proven skills in software development through public projects, personal projects, or other demonstrable development work in Python, Java or C#
- 3+ years of Software Development or comparable experience with skills in a major web application framework such as Django, Spring, Flask, ASP.NET, Twisted, etc.
- Possess a deep understanding of Python, Java or C# beyond libraries and frameworks (i.e. OO Fundamentals, Programming principles, programming language expertise).
- Familiarity with unit testing frameworks that produce xUnit test reports
- Familiarity with using debugging tools in remote and local settings
- Software development background with fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, and/or Snowflake)
- Experience in leading the design and execution of complex applications to solve ambiguous problems impacting business
- Experience in developing highly scalable applications and APIs
- Experience handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
More Information on Artemis Health
Artemis Health operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Salt Lake City, UT. Artemis Health was founded in 2013. It has 120 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all jobs at Artemis Health, click here.
Read Full Job Description