Sr Automation Test Developer at Spectrum (Charlotte, NC)
Responsible for designing and developing automated test scripts in Java, Selenium, Soap UI, etc. Performs analysis of manual test cases and functional requirements and determines the balance of test coverage to be automated for reuse. Gathers information from the project team, designs, develops, unit tests, debugs, executes automated test cases and prepares reports. Documents results and facilitates review meetings with project team stakeholders. Actively looks for solutions to automate test cases early in the test life cycle. Works on projects of high complexity within one or more test/development environments. Works on multiple programs, systems and applications as a project team member. Considered a subject matter expert in the area of test case automation.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Analyzes functional requirements and design specifications to ensure full understanding of deliverables.
- Participates in setting up successful configuration of test environments using automated smoke test validations and working with Administrators on proper environment configuration.
- Involved in the design, development, documentation, and maintenance of automated functional test cases and other test artifacts, including test data and data verification.
- Estimates work effort.
- Schedules and facilitates test plan/test case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Ensures that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Analyzes test cases then uses cases for pattern recognition and organizes patterns in a spreadsheet.
- Designs, develops and codes automated functional test cases using Java/Selenium to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements.
- Writes functions by accessing databases and retrieving data out of Oracle tables.
- Performs thorough unit testing.
- Creates code promotion sheets and submits for approval.
- Generates a variety of complex and periodic reports and/or data through database management.
- Runs automated smoke tests to ensure end-to-end transactions can be executed in the environment.
- Executes automated tests during functional and regression test cycles.
- Documents problems and assists in their resolution.
- Provides report to test lead in defect management and resolution.
- Identifies potential quality issues per defined process and immediately escalates potential quality issues to management.
- Interfaces with other project team members in resolving issues.
- Collaborates with technical staff to learn and understand software problems.
- Provides general system users and management with system analysis and feedback.
- Influences system design by identifying and recommending design and requirement needs for software enhancements.
- Mentors and coaches less experienced staff.
- Analyzes and resolves automation related problems by coordinating with team to diagnose and fix issues.
Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
Demonstrated in-depth skills in analyzing and resolving defects
Ability to work well with shifting priorities
Ability to work with cross-functional team of internal and external resources located onshore and offshore
Thorough understanding of quality assurance process, tools and methodologies
Proficient in Java, Selenium, SOAP and data-driven and keyword-driven methodologies
Proficient in functional development (object repository manipulation, functional development, organization of functions, parameterization of functions, global variables)
In-depth experience in writing functions accessing databases and retrieving data out of Oracle tables
Effective attention to detail
In-depth understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC)
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Access)
Displays professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion
In-depth understanding of database schemas and querying tools
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience
Required Related Work Experience and Number of Years
Relevant system development - 5+
Experienced with modular design approach
Advanced designer/coder/developer in Visual Basic with great application architecture capabilities - 5+
Preferred Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Testing Certification ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst
Testing Certification ISTQB Expert Level Test Automation
HP Test Tool Certifications
ISW317 307880 307880BR