Sr Android Software Engineer at The Walt Disney Company
- Design and develop solutions for software fixes and new features using test driven development.
- Analyze user stories, provide realistic estimations and participate in sprint planning, scrums, demos and retrospectives.
- Create detailed software development documentation and assist in assigning tasks to team members.
- Create pull requests and perform code reviews for peers and related teams.
- Monitor and maintain KPIs for application performance and services integration.
- Write unit and UI tests for your code.
- Build well-designed, well-engineered, stable, performant native Android applications using Kotlin and Java.
- Guide other team members by providing oversight and direction.
- Recommend improvements to processes, technologies, and coding practices that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- Strong ability to maintain focus and problem solve in a dynamic, fast-paced environment working with cross-functional teams.
Basic Qualifications :
- 6+ years of software development experience with a minimum of 4+ years of Android and Kotlin development experience.
- Experience working in an Agile Team consisting of product managers, project managers, design, QA and tech.
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin, Android Studio, Android UI design principles, patterns.
- Best practices related to application development concepts, designs, and architectures.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. The position requires frequent communication with senior leaders, technical colleagues and partners across several different geographic locations and time zones.
- Software performance optimization experience (app sizing, memory usage, CPU, scaling, etc...)
- Self-motivated, quick learner, passion for consumer software.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Strong knowledge of unit testing and continuous integration.
- Experience leading projects and providing technical direction.
- Code samples in Github
- Some iOS development knowledge
- JIRA and Confluence knowledge
- Experience contributing to at least one app in Google Play Store
Required Education :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the software development field.