Sr. Android Engineer at LivePerson (New York City, NY or Remote)
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
In this role you will:
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional team (PM, UX, engineering, science) team to transform user stories into prototypes & production code
- Thoughtfully apply UI design principles & best practices for mobile
- Design and implement mobile apps for Android
- Identify & eliminate performance & scale issues that ripple from front-end to back-end
- Be globally minded & inclusive - we are a global team and value the diverse contributions of others.
- Simplify complex architectures with a focus on developer experience
Your qualifications are:
- BA/B.Sc. in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Strong coding skills & ability to perform in a dynamic, agile & entrepreneurial environment
- 5+ years building complex applications for Android devices
- Deep knowledge, understanding and design of mobile architectures
- Experience with Kotlin and Android SDKs
- Experience with Git and Jira
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Experience designing APIs
- A basic understanding of server side development is a plus
- Experience with iOS is a plus
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.