Sportsbook, Senior Software Engineer Frontend at Caesars Sportsbook & Casino (Remote)
This role is remote, with one required visit to your designated home office per quarter.
Remote option is available for employees located in the following states; AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, TN, WA, WV, and Washington D.C. (States subject to change at any time)
Home Office: Jersey City, NJ
With William Hill now a part of Caesars Entertainment, we plan to lead the pack by delivering products our customers love to use! As Caesars/William Hill, we operate sports betting in 18 U.S. jurisdictions and have partnerships with the biggest leagues and media companies in the country including, the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, ESPN, and CBS Sports. Marking a major milestone in American sports history, we opened the first-ever sports betting venue within a professional United States sports facility, the Caesars Sportsbook at the Capital One Arena in Washington D.C. Partnerships like this are positioning our business to skyrocket as sports betting continues to expand across the country and our customers get a taste of the action.
On the Technology side, we've built an entire sports betting and iGaming platform from the ground up in less than 3 years. Through continuous improvement and data-informed product development, we are adding features so that our customers have the best product experience in the market. Our Product Technology team is comprised of the brightest minds in Tech, and our culture of autonomy and decisiveness gives the team the freedom to deliver without constantly seeking permission to take action. We chart our own path and innovate as we create the next generation of products. We're looking for like-minded superstars that want to work with the best of the best and join the biggest name in sports betting and iGaming as we take over the U.S. market!
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, and QA to iterate on the life-cycle of our product
- Turn flat UI/UX designs and style guides into functional user interfaces
- Build extremely performance components, while being mindful of cross-browser compatibility and performance issues for both desktop and mobile platforms
- Optimization is a challenge you'll gladly accept
- Understand design patterns and write reusable, modular code
- Be excited about new web technologies/techniques
- Participate in peer code reviews, we encourage frequent and open feedback
- Have a say by contributing to architectural discussions
- Participate in daily stand-up, sprint planning, paired programming, unit testing, and retrospectives
- You will improve the team, company, and culture
What You Will Need:
- Thorough understanding of React.js, its core principles, patterns, and best practices
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of core engineering principles
- Familiarity with modern software engineering practices and continuous integration and delivery
- Comfortable working in a tech-driven environment with the ability to coordinate across several key stakeholder groups
- Experience leading and owning projects from beginning to end
- Enthusiasm for constant learning and strengthening of your craft
- You are detailed and results-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills
- 3+ years of applicable industry experience
Behold! Caesars Sportsbook is here, and we're proud to be a part of Caesars Entertainment-the number one gaming company in the world with over 80 years of sports betting expertise.
At Caesars Sportsbook, we believe all our Team Members should be treated like Caesars. It's the mantra we were founded on, and the standard that drives us to provide our customers with best-in-class service.
As we continue to Blaze The Trail with our Caesars Sportsbook & Casino app, the expansion of our Caesars Sportsbook retail locations, our World Series of Poker franchise, our William Hill legacy brand, and partnerships with the biggest names in sports and entertainment, we're creating new and exciting opportunities for you to be a part of our empire and make an impact.
Interested in joining the team? Check out our job postings and see what we have to offer, people. And remember-We Are All Caesars!