At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.
The Aerospace Corporation's Systems Formulation & Implementation Directorate (SF&I) is seeking a Senior Project Engineer for long-term support of the NASA Ames Spectrum Management Office (ASMO) onsite in Mountain View, CA. ASMO is a key component of the NASA Spectrum Management Program tasked with managing the Agency's use of spectrum, ensuring its access to spectrum for all missions using space-based and ground-based assets, ensuring compliance with national and international rules and regulations applicable to spectrum use, and facilitating the allocation of spectrum and orbital resources (both domestically and internationally) for its aeronautical and space missions. The successful candidate will work both individually and as part of a team to perform spectrum analyses and submit spectrum allocation filings with cognizant US and International agencies for both civil and DoD missions.
Training in spectrum management, spectrum policy, and spectrum regulations available for candidates seeking long-term commitment and/or consideration for a future leadership role. Remote work acceptable for candidates wishing to relocate and in compliance with public health guidelines.
What You'll Be Doing
- Perform spectrum analysis for customer programs
- Perform radio frequency interference analysis of communication systems to promote spectrum sharing and resolve spectrum contention issues
- Support the development of Spectrum Susceptibility Risk Assessment (SSRA) for new programs
- Support the development applications for NTIA Certification of Spectrum
- Maintain familiarity with the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) process to aid customers in ensuring the timely submission of international spectrum filings
- Review Notice of Proposed Role Making (NPRM) and Report & Order (R&O) documents and provide feedback on potential impacts to customer systems
- Direct specific studies to include developing a detailed SOW, establishing a team with support from the Engineering and Technology Group (ETG) when needed to perform the necessary analysis and lead the team to completion of the task. This includes providing the customer regular formal updates and the development of a comprehensive final report. This includes Electromagnetic Environment/Interference/Compatibility (EME/EMI/EMC) analysis.
- Aid in the development of customer spectrum policy
- Provide general systems engineering expertise while supporting projects in various phases of the development lifecycle
- Periodic travel to Los Angeles, CA and other locations
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelor of Science in engineering or technical discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of 12 years of engineering/technical discipline experience
- Experience with utilizing radio band frequencies (e.g. X band, S band, UHF)
- Experience in leading technical teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective working independently or in a team setting
- Strong presentation/technical reporting skills
- Qualified to hold a US Government clearance
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- A MS degree in an engineering or technical discipline
- Spectrum Management and policy experience
- Knowledge of International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Radio Regulations and Allocations and National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) spectrum management systems and processes
- Experience with test and characterizing of radio systems for frequency, bandwidth, power, etc.
- Experience with the respective U.S Spectrum Management software tools including EL-CID
- Experience in developing and/or operating space missions
- Project Management experience
- Previous work experience with NASA and / or DoD
- A current TS/SCI
Grade-Based Pay Range
(Min - Mid - Max)
$117,027 - $192,281 - $267,534
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected] You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.