With OneWeb, You’ll Get To:
• Be part of the technology revolution in Space
• Bring transformative broadband connectivity to remote places for the first time
• Work with razor-sharp colleagues in a company where people come first
• The opportunity to be a part of the next generation constellation
Who You Are:
You are a super hungry engineering whiz (or graduate engineering whiz) and are passionate about regulatory issues. You are relentless in your pursuit of successful outcomes and are excited to work in a fast-paced environment. You want to make a real difference in the world by revolutionizing technology in Space. You are detail-oriented and enjoy collaborating with multiple stakeholders to solve complex problems. You love rolling up your sleeves and making things happen. You’re sparked by a fast pace, new challenges, and always have an eye on achieving business outcomes. You lead discussions, build consensus, push boundaries, and crush deadlines.
What You’ll Do:
• Perform complex technical studies in the areas of satellite regulations, spectrum management and licensing to support the development of the OneWeb systems.
• Represent the company at national and international meetings, and conferences, proposing and defending OneWeb’s positions, as well as supporting the markets access/licensing functions in acquiring the necessary authorizations around the globe.
• Interface actively and directly with other teams (e.g., Regulatory, Legal, Engineering, Finance) to analyse, report and advise on regulatory and spectrum management issues, as well as engineering constraints that may affect the OneWeb systems.
• Prepare interference studies in support of frequency coordination discussions with other NGSO and GSO operators
• Maintain and develop ITU filings in support of existing and future OneWeb systems
• Support intelligence gathering and cooperation initiatives on spectrum of other operators/administrations
• Prepare technical material for licensing and market access applications worldwide
• Prepare sharing studies with terrestrial and scientific services
• Advocate for OneWeb positions in relation to regulatory developments at domestic, regional (CITEL, CEPT, ASMG, ATU, APT and RCC) and international (ITU) meetings in preparation for World Radiocommunication Conferences
• Support the technical teams in ensuring compliance with frequency coordination and regulatory requirements for testing and operations of existing and future OneWeb systems, and propose effective and creative solutions
What It Takes:
• Strong computer skills, especially in modelling tools such as Visualyse, MATLAB, or STK
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferred in electrical/electronics/ telecommunications)
• Nice to have: Experience with ITU Radio Regulations, related satellite filing processes, and ITU study groups
• Experience in working with multinational and multicultural teams
• Analytical ability required to review and analyse information and data
• Excellent presentation skills, with demonstrated persuasive argument and advocacy skills
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail
• Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, and strong knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications
Where You’ll Be:
This position is based in London, UK but we are flexible on location depending on background and experience
* No 3rd party agencies
OneWeb is a global leader in connectivity from Space. We are building a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites with a network of global gateway stations and a range of user terminals to provide an affordable, fast, high-bandwidth and low-latency broadband communications services, connected to the IoT future and a pathway to 5G. Find out more at http://www.oneweb.world