Magnitude's transformative approach to unified application data management delivers vast operational efficiencies to business application data access, management, analytics, and reporting for the modern enterprise. Magnitude's portfolio of products includes simplified application data access to any data source; data management solutions for the SAP and commerce verticals; simplified master data harmonization and governance; and packaged application analytics and reporting solutions for SAP and Oracle. The company helps thousands of business users simplify management of their data and deliver on the substantial productivity gains these applications originally promised. For more information, please visit www.magnitude.com.Job Description
We are seeking a highly motivated and technically skilled Solutions Engineer. The successful candidate will be the primary technical resource working with prospective and existing customers. Core duties include proposing, designing, and presenting technical solutions that address a partners’ technical & connectivity requirements. The Solutions Engineer is the focal point interfacing with Simba’s Sales Team, partners and prospects, and Simba’s Product Development and Support teams from a technical/engineering perspective of new business development.
This partner facing technical role will communicate with partners and prospects to understand specific requirements and help communicate how Simba’s products and services can deliver to the specific partner/prospect requirements. The Solutions Engineer will report to the Solutions Engineering Manager and will work with Sales Managers and Technical Account Managers to close business and ensure partner satisfaction. This is a great career opportunity for an individual interested in working at one of Canada’s fastest growing technology companies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create great partner/prospect buying experiences with Simba products
- Advise and support partners/prospects developing solutions with Simba’s Connectivity SDKs
- Advise and support partners/prospecting integrating Simba’s drivers into their applications
- Support our partners and prospects to apply our products to real world business problems
- Assist partners in Design/Architecture of solutions that include Simba products
- Designing and developing prototype drivers for customers
- Work hands-on with partner engineering teams to develop, migrate, and optimize Big Data / Hadoop connectivity solutions.
- Leverage knowledge of your partners’ environments to assist support engineers and service teams in better serving your partners.
- Previous experience as a Solutions/Sales Engineer or similar role, preference given to experience in Analytics, Database or Big Data / Hadoop
- Hands-on development experience an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline required or equivalent work experience (C++/Java preferred)
- Be mobile and travel to client locations occasionally
- Fluent in English
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Software design or development (C++/Java preferred); Cloud Computing or Big Data / Hadoop / HANA; Scripting / Automation; Database Architecture.
Open to US and Canada applicants ONLY
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the stated work location. **