commercetools is a next-generation software technology company that offers a true cloud commerce platform, providing the building blocks for the new digital commerce age. Our leading-edge API approach helps retailers create brand value by empowering commerce teams to design unique and engaging digital commerce experiences everywhere – today and in the future. Our agile, componentized architecture improves profitability by significantly reducing development time and resources required to migrate to modern commerce technology and meet new customer demands. It is the perfect starting point for customized microservices.
commercetools just received a 145M investment by Insight Partners. A major part of the investment is growing the North American market, commercetools highest rate of growth market. We will be doubling the employee count in the US over the next 12 months.
As a Solutions Engineer, you are the technical pillar of our sales team and support us in the distribution of our innovative eCommerce platform, primarily in the North America region. This could be a great career move for you as we are working for the leading brands in eCommerce and are disrupting the market. You will work closely with partners and potential customers, convincing their technical decision-makers and making sure that our solution scenarios meet customer needs at 100%.
Do you have a background in Software Engineering and a deep understanding of the eCommerce industry? You are communicative and do not hesitate to speak with the tech teams, CTOs and decision-makers of potential customers on equal terms? Then we’re looking forward to your application and your support to make our cloud-based API the world's leading eCommerce platform!
- Responsibility for all technical questions in the sales team
- Presentation of the commercetools platform (architecture and functional scope) and participation in follow-up sales meetings to discuss and finalize technical questions with our customer's tech teams and/or CTOs
- Support of the customers in the development of the overall architecture incl. other involved systems and the migration strategy
- Development of convincing customer-specific answers in the technical part of Requests for Proposal/specifications
- Conception, implementation and presentation of our demo stores and customized sample solutions
- Problem solver with a high ambition to deliver quality work
- Team player with a high self-motivation and very pronounced hands-on and “can do” mentality
- Self-starter mentality
SKILLS + REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ years pre-sales experience selling complex, technical products.
- Experienced in solution architecting, project scoping and product demonstration skills
- Excellent communicator and presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate and creative problem solver with know how to get things done and ability to lead others to success
- Ability to build a deep understanding of a customer’s communications needs and guide them to a technical solution
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and cloud application architecture.
- Willingness to travel (up to 50%)
This position is a remote position with up to 50% travel requirements, based on Covid-safe guidelines.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% coverage of the employee's health care, vision, and dental insurance
- Company contribution towards dependent coverage
- 401k (retirement savings)
- Maternity/paternity leave
- PTO and Company Holidays
- Some pre-tax benefits through the PEO
- Great team of highly qualified and motivated team members who work with mutual respect and appreciation, take responsibility, and evolve together
AND THERE’S MORE
- You will be involved in challenging and meaningful projects in a company with over 10 years of history
- You will be working with one of the technology leaders in the growing e-commerce business
- We are a growing, international company with offices in Berlin, Munich, London, Amsterdam, Singapore, and Durham
- Modern workplaces and technology (e.g. MacBooks) in bright offices (open-plan spaces as well as conference rooms and smaller rooms for quiet times)
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours
- Collegial, open working atmosphere where your creativity and new ideas are encouraged
- Healthy feedback and error culture and a climate of mutual appreciation and respect
- Kombucha on tap, coffee, tea, snacks, and catered lunches
- Do you have a dog? We're a dog friendly office
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
At commercetools, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
At commercetools, we hope to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people choose to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing modern principles to ecommerce through both technology and company culture. We know success comes from the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Are you ready? Come grow with us!