Solutions Engineer, Southeast Territory at StreetLight Data (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:28 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, July 28, 2022
StreetLight pioneered the use of Big Data analytics to shed light on how people, goods, and services move, empowering smarter, data-driven transportation decisions. The company applies proprietary machine-learning algorithms and data processing resources to measure travel patterns of vehicles, bicycles and pedestrians that enable complex transportation problem solving using analytics available on SaaS platform, StreetLight InSight®. Acquired by Jacobs as a subsidiary in February 2022, StreetLight continues to provide innovative digital solutions to help communities reduce congestion, improve safe and equitable transportation, and maximize the positive impact of infrastructure investment.
As a member of our Sales team, you will help communities become smart, sustainable Cities. You can become a leader in the transition to data-driven planning. Our clients are on the cusp of adopting Big Data solutions at scale, and we are one of the first companies to enter this high-potential industry. That means we need savvy, sophisticated sales professionals who go beyond sales to truly educate clients.
StreetLight Data is seeking a Solution Engineer with special expertise in transportation planning or engineering, data validation, and statistics who is passionate about making an impact through smarter, better planning. The position will support our Sales and Customer Success teams in helping our clients understand how to use Big Data to support transportation planning and engineering and validating data against traditional sources.
Location: Southeast US, but flexible
- Work closely with the Sales team to introduce StreetLight Data’s unique technology to prospective customers and to implement pilot project
- Primarily support Sales in the Southeast US territory, but works with other SEs as a team
- Define and implement technical solutions based on the StreetLight InSight® platform to meet customer needs
- Develop and deliver presentations and demos of the software tailored to engage audiences in their local city, region or state
- Cultivate relationships with technical members of staff at end-user government agencies and engineering firms
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to define the product road-map based on interactions with customers
- Collaborate with Marketing to guide development of sales materials, lead webinars, and prepare presentations for industry conferences and events
- Participate in building internal knowledgebase of technical and market related knowledge by delivering internal presentations and/or training course development
- Interface with other functional groups, project teams and internal stakeholders to effectively work toward the goal of jointly achieving assigned quotas
- Provide regular updates to management, operations and support staff concerning account issues and financial status
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in a technical pre-Sales role, working with an enterprise software or data product and/or significant technical experience in transportation planning or transportation engineering at an agency or consulting firm
- BS / MS in Mathematics, Science, an Engineering discipline or similarly technical field.
- Strong data analysis skills, knowing what can / cannot be possible, and ability to visualize data in the best way possible
- Good communication skills - written, visual (presentations), and verbal
- Problem-solving and coordinating across different teams to meet sales goals
- Past experience selling into state or city government agencies a strong plus
- SQL (PostgreSQL preferred) and relational databases experience is a plus
- Basic geo-spatial skills and experience using ArcGIS/QGIS is required, and skills using PostGIS, etc. are a plus
- Knowledge of statistics is a plus
- Comfortable presenting to senior executive management and large audiences
- Multi-tasking, critical thinking skills and the ability to influence and manage multiple priorities are essential
- Team-oriented, flexible, and able to see the “big picture” - because our entire team must meet our goals for StreetLight Data to be successful
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% as needed to achieve objectives
Interested? StreetLight Data offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
StreetLight Data is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. StreetLight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
More Information on StreetLight Data
StreetLight Data operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA and Richmond, VA. StreetLight Data was founded in 2011. It has 103 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Remote Work Program. To see all 9 open jobs at StreetLight Data, click here.
Read Full Job Description