The Solutions Engineer - EasyRoute position is a key component of the Routeware Global North American direct sales team. This position is responsible for working with and supporting the North American direct sales team and providing technical and demonstration assistance on sales calls and ongoing training and retention activities for current clients. The Solutions Engineer is also a vital factor in ensuring that what EasyRoute delivers matches customer expectations.
- Demonstration of EasyRoute products to prospects and customers
- Development of customer training programs and retention initiatives
- Development of executive “best practice” training initiatives
- Sales training and coaching
- Post-sales product implementation/installation planning and execution
- Presales solution designs and proposals
- Personally, develop strong, long-term relationships and referrals with senior management within assigned territory.
- Work in close collaboration with EasyRoute’ presales, post-sales, and Executive Management teams to ensure that proposed offerings and services fully meet customers’ business and technology needs.
- Adhere to all Routeware Global Sales, Human Resource, and corporate ethical policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Demonstrate strong personal communication and presentation skills to establish interest, credibility, and trust.
- Development/Participation in various other prospect and customer initiatives as they present themselves
- Demonstrated success in both new business acquisition and customer development selling in enterprise software and/or IT services/technology environment.
- Demonstration of consistent over-achievement of client acquisition and sales revenue targets.
- At least 5 years of client-facing experience. Experience in the waste industry and/or other fleet technology sales is a plus.
- Experience with vendor selection processes including RFI and RFP issuance and response management a plus.
- Ability to maintain strong sales management focus during lengthy sales cycles that are typically six months to one year in duration.
- Demonstrated ability to manage often complex negotiations with senior-level business and technology executives.
- Thorough command of English, both written and spoken.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
- Experience with billing system software is a plus.
- The candidate is expected to travel regularly to regional prospect and customer locations to support lead generation, sales presentations, contract negotiations, and ongoing relationship building. We anticipate 40% travel for this position.
- Comprehensive benefits (medical with HSA option, vision, dental, and life insurance)
- Paid parental leave
- Medical and Dependent FSA
- 401K match
- Paid Time Off
- Nine company holidays
Routeware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination or harassment. At Routeware, we are committed to the principle of equality, and all employment decisions are based on job requirements, business needs, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.