3Cloud is a technology services firm helping clients transform their business through the power of the cloud. We leverage the power of Microsoft Azure to help clients speed up innovation, operate more efficiently and be more responsive to their customer’s needs. As a Microsoft partner we specialize in Azure Migration, Cloud-Scale Custom Application Development, Internet of Things, Analytics and DevOps achieved through Azure-Enabled Infrastructure Automation. 3Cloud is headquartered in Chicago with an office in Dallas.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter that wants to grow as we grow. As a Cloud Solutions Architect, your primary responsibility will be to ensure customer success with Azure. The role is a technical customer facing role that will be accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud development experience. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and had success leading technical and economic value discussions with senior customer executives that drive key decisions and implementation.
A Cloud Solutions Architect will own technical envisioning, technical design, project scope, and project management for their assigned projects.
• Work with the sales team to support sales efforts from a technical perspective
• Manage project delivery teams to ensure quality and client satisfaction
• Translate requirements into a technical design leveraging existing tools, services and frameworks
• Drive design and deployment of the customers custom applications into Azure and increase their consumption of the platform by providing architectural (including, design, implementation and deployment) guidance, supporting development of the customers cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers
• Accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts by providing deep technical expertise and support in one out of the following four areas of specialization: Datacenter Transformation, Custom Applications, Media Services, Security, Compliance and Privacy. Lead deployment of projects, creation of collateral including reference implementations and best practices, and training of sellers and partners in your area of specialization
• Identify, validate and grow opportunities to accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts, in partnership with the sales team, by driving solution architecture for both Microsoft and 3rd party solutions
• 8+ years of experience in system architecture design and development, and/or system integration/development
• 2+ years in a technology management role
• 2+ years involvement in technology pre-sales
• Experience in the design and development of cloud applications that leverage microservices, ReST APIs, API Gateways, IoT Suite, relational and NoSQL stores and loosely coupled messaging
• Experience with SQL Database, DocumentDB, Mongo DB
• Experience with frameworks such as Angular, Node.js, Backbone, etc.
• Understanding of cloud ecosystem and leading-edge cloud emerging technologies
• Microsoft Azure experience required
• Performance analysis, troubleshooting and remediation techniques
• Strong analytical problem-solving ability
• Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team
• Microsoft Certification a plus